Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua...have I missed something?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The Complete Wanker: A poster who knows nothing of football.

To be honest he did win us a few matches single handedly last season and he still has a lot to give. I think when he is fit and with a few games under his belt he will be the best player in the squad. He has the potential to be.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ah... i'll find the game in question i'm on about then - unless i've gotten my self muddled.

One point i've gotten wrong so far. Any one find anything wrong with any of the other points raised against TCB's utter bullshit?
Doncaster maybe.

And yes, but:
1. I don't want to get involved in that conversation
2. I don't want to nitpick for the sake of it, mostly Noone's been excelent this season but not all the time and the thought of replacing him with LuaLua for a bit isn't heresy to me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
To be honest he did win us a few matches single handedly last season and he still has a lot to give. I think when he is fit and with a few games under his belt he will be the best player in the squad. He has the potential to be.

My issue isn't with TCB thinking KLL is a good player - I think he's a class player my self. My issue is with the fact he seems to think Noone can't win games.

TCB has to have it either or. We have 4 amazing wingers in Noone, Buckely, VIcente and KLL. Everyone bar TCB can see that right now Noone is the best winger we have.

As for his point about Noone running in to blind alleys, how many times did KLL do very little with the ball? Loads. Does that mean I think he can't win us games? Of course not. KLL can do it time and time again so can afford to be (for want of a better word) wasteful.

KLL is amazing. No doubt about it. But Noone definitely has won us games this year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Kazenga can win us a match.

and the evidence for this so far is...? face facts, he just hasnt been up to it this season. i dont know if its something with him, trying too hard as suggested or the level exposes him, but he is not the player or impact we loaned last year.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
and the evidence for this so far is...? face facts, he just hasnt been up to it this season. i dont know if its something with him, trying too hard as suggested or the level exposes him, but he is not the player or impact we loaned last year.

He hasn't been up to it this season? When has he had the chance apart from Leeds when he was one of the best players on the pitch?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So why do you think you can make such a judgment?

??? i havent written him off and i i havent made any judgement, i have only asked how you backup yours. you say he can change games, certainly true last season, but so far not really proven this season. if he isnt getting the opportunity, why is that, what is happening/not happening in training or the tactics that Gus doesnt start him more often?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've just worked out he's played 229 minutes of Championship football this season. That's 2.5 games. If we signed a player and I wrote him off after 2.5 games I guarantee there would be dozens of people telling me how wrong I am. So why do you think you can make such a judgment?

I don't think that anyone's written him off, most are just saying that Noone is playing so well that nothing LuaLua is doing in training is persuading Gus that he ought to start ahead of him. Don't forget, those blistering performances we saw last year were against Div 1 opposition, Nooney has proved he can bamboozle Championship defenders.

Also, Lua Lua has 2 major tricks in his armoury and not much else, flick the ball inside and go for the right footed shot or knock the ball down the line and take the full back on for pace. Noone has far more in his bag of tricks as well as having far greater defensive capabilities.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
A player who is capable of a performance that is single-handedly the difference between winning and not winning. A single goal or assist, like those listed earlier in the thread, is not evidence of such a performance.

Well Nooney needs someone to finish the chances he creates so it wouldn't be single handed. Are u honestly saying you would play someone because they MAY come up with something spectacular over someone who is consistantly one of our best performers? It's like picking Joe Cole over Ryan Giggs. Ridiculous.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Noone produced the best display I've ever seen by a Brighton & hove Albion winger at home to sunderland he was unstoppable that night and he along with bridcutt have been our standout players this season.

Lua lua firstly hasn't regained his confidence since injury last season, coupled with the fact his playing against quicker and more intelligent fullbacks who just run him down cul-de-sacs. He could stillbe a useful impact player against tiring defences but I can't see him starting too regularly unless we are festooned with injuries. Let's face it his our 4th choice winger now.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Lua Lua has probably not had a fair crack at this level, so it would be very doubtful he will want to sign for us, if given the chance, I think he will maybe join one of our rivals in Jan/end of season and we could live to regret it, I cannot see any defender enjoying having him running at you with his strength and pace.Looking at Buckley/Hoskins repeated injuries, we may have bought a couple of duds there and Lua Lua is definitely worth a full/half game VERY soon.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Both wingers but different players completely. Lua Lua is all pace but relies on how well the rest of the team are playing. Tends to stick out on the wing and not get involved and if we can't then feed him he becomes a passenger. Also crap final ball.
Noone is more of a tricky player and is capable of coming deep and picking the ball up to make things happen rather then relying on other players to get him into a game. Also much more capable of picking another player out with a final ball, and much better defensively.

Trouble is when Vincente is fit there will only be room for one other creative player. I think Gus will go with Noone and then change him for Lua Lua for the last 20 minutes.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
I'd llike to see Lua Lua get a good run in the side to at least give himself a chance to play the way we know he can. Personally I think Noone is immense but his decision making is poor most of the time when he's around the box. I think lua lua's delivery has been better in the short playing time he's had this year. Low and hard across goal, that's where we're going to score goals, not lofted up so the centre back will win it!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why are some people arguing with someone who time and time again has been shown to know nothing about football and refuses to move from his belief that he is right. Ignore him and he will go away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here