Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua...have I missed something?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Was it not Noone's beautifully weighted pass that set up Buckley to score the WINNER in the Doncaster game?

Did noone not score our only goal against Millwall, and set up at least 4 or 5 goals for CMS and Barnes?

Of course, in our 5-0 romps this season they've all been goals we've scored for fun rather than competitive game winning goals... right? :facepalm:

You are so wrong on this TCB.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
You will both have no problems reeling off a long list of matches Noone has won for us then. Fire away....

Set up Buckley for last minute winner with amazing skill and pass v Donny.
Set up Mackail Smith for winner v Pompey.
Set up CMS for goal v Blackpool and took the corner that set up Barnes- okay not a winner
Scored in 2-0 win v P'boro
Took corner that Barnes scored winner from v Bristol City
Also scored v Millwall which we only drew through keeper error
???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Kazenga can win us a match. Noone can't. Kazenga should play.

Yes and Gus knows this because unlike us he sees the players week in and week out and he's just keeping him out of the side so's we don't win........

..........i don't think so

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
LuaLua was given a chance against Leeds and thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. Can't remember if he came on against Palace, but apart from that only came on very late against Millwall. He should be given a chance against Watford to prove himself as Noone wasn't at his best Saturday.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
You will both have no problems reeling off a long list of matches Noone has won for us then. Fire away....

2 assists against Doncaster for starters! Multiple MOM awards. If u think a match winner is purely someone who scores the winner, you are mistaken. A goalie can be a match winner with important saves, a winger can be a match winner by wearing down defenders a creating a goal. Nooney is a constant threat to full backs and just because he isn't the sort to shoot constantly doesn't mean he isn't a match winner. Without him we would have won less games this season.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
As it goes, Noone must be shattered, maybe a rest on the bench in place of Lua Lua would do him some good and KLL is an amazing player.

However to say that Noone hasn't won us games is so wrong and incorrect. Factually incorrect, it's not even subjective. How can a human being, top of the food chain, rulers of land sea and sky, head honcho of the animal kingdom be so stupid?!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
These are all just individual incidents. It doesn't make him a match winner. It just means he's doing his job and, on occasions, will contribute goals/assists the same as ANY attacking player would. I'd expect any winger/striker of ours to be involved in a certain number of goals if they play enough matches. He plays his part pretty well I don't deny and he's had a very good run of games this season, but he doesn't totally transform a match the way Kazenga does. I've yet to see another team almost visibly SHAKING at the prospect of Noone ripping them to pieces the way Kazenga does. Noone is good, but he's not SHOWBIZ.

Wait what?

So KLL, who is an amazing attacking talisman but has shown his lack of defencive capabilities through out his time here, is more of a 90 minutes player than Noon who covers every inch of turf on what ever wing he runs down?

And when KLL runs at players, is that not only one incident?

And whenever we've brought Noone on, we've changed dramatically... so he's changed games. IIRC Leeds, we went 2-0 down and then Noone came on and then bam... we were seconds from winning 3-2...

All this does not compute...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
LuaLua was given a chance against Leeds and thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. Can't remember if he came on against Palace, but apart from that only came on very late against Millwall. He should be given a chance against Watford to prove himself as Noone wasn't at his best Saturday.
He did come on against Palace but didn't get a chance to do much because we were struggling to get out of our half :facepalm:

I agree about the Leeds game and he looked good coming on at Bristol (along with Buckley) too. But then at Leicester didn't make much of an impact. He hasn't been able to get a run going, but if he played a couple of games in a row then I think he probably would. It's beyond me why he's hardly had a kick in the last few games when we've been struggling to score.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
With respect, this is nonsense. Firstly because Noone didn't set up the first goal against Doncaster, it was a Bridcutt free kick that they headed out to Buckley. Secondly because thinking "a match winner is purely someone who scores the winner" is exactly what I'm NOT saying.

And yet KLL is a match winner... from when he does one of his five or six oustanding runs...

Face it. You're wrong. Every fact and statistic and account and match report and everything ever that has been anywhere at any time is saying you're wrong!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Wait what?

So KLL, who is an amazing attacking talisman but has shown his lack of defencive capabilities through out his time here, is more of a 90 minutes player than Noon who covers every inch of turf on what ever wing he runs down?

And when KLL runs at players, is that not only one incident?

And whenever we've brought Noone on, we've changed dramatically... so he's changed games. IIRC Leeds, we went 2-0 down and then Noone came on and then bam... we were seconds from winning 3-2...

All this does not compute...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure LuaLua and Noone both started against Leeds. LuaLua was playing very well and Gus took Noone off at half time?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
These are all just individual incidents. It doesn't make him a match winner. It just means he's doing his job and, on occasions, will contribute goals/assists the same as ANY attacking player would. I'd expect any winger/striker of ours to be involved in a certain number of goals if they play enough matches. He plays his part pretty well I don't deny and he's had a very good run of games this season, but he doesn't totally transform a match the way Kazenga does. I've yet to see another team almost visibly SHAKING at the prospect of Noone ripping them to pieces the way Kazenga does. Noone is good, but he's not SHOWBIZ.

Whilst I agree with you to a point about Kazenga's impact on teams, have you noticed how every side we play now doubles up on Noone? How he tore Sunderland and Liverpool to shreds? He literally does scare teams as much as Kazenga, IMO. They are different because they're sheer pace vs sheer trickery. Noone's feet are so quick, he shifts the ball through spaces between double man-coverage quicker than anyone I've seen in a Brighton shirt. Kaz has the rocket-shot and the pace but he doesn't have the footballing brain Noone does, Noone's final ball, whilst not perfect, is ten times better than Kaz's. He's provided countless assists this season and without him, at the moment, we are NOTHING.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure LuaLua and Noone both started against Leeds. LuaLua was playing very well and Gus took Noone off at half time?
Yep, Vicente was the one that came on, not Noone who came off.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Can't wait til we start winning once more because it will invariably mean you will f*** off again:wozza:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
HOW MANY MAN OF THE MATCH...................More than anyone else.

I never think MOM awards are a particularly accurate indicator of a players performance, you can't help but suspect the match sponser just pick whoever they want to meet.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

I wasn't too sure... I'm going to check a match report. I know one evening game we've had at home Noone has been bought on and we've changed dramatically. My Manager who sits WSU was talking to me about it at work recently...

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
He did come on against Palace but didn't get a chance to do much because we were struggling to get out of our half :facepalm:

I agree about the Leeds game and he looked good coming on at Bristol (along with Buckley) too. But then at Leicester didn't make much of an impact. He hasn't been able to get a run going, but if he played a couple of games in a row then I think he probably would. It's beyond me why he's hardly had a kick in the last few games when we've been struggling to score.

Completely agree. The past few games I thought we needed Kazenga to come on in the 80th minute and tear their full backs apart. But he was either sitting on the bench or not in the squad. If he plays against Watford and Barnsley, he'll start to get him form back and tear teams apart again much like last year!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yep, Vicente was the one that came on, not Noone who came off.

Ah... i'll find the game in question i'm on about then - unless i've gotten my self muddled.

One point i've gotten wrong so far. Any one find anything wrong with any of the other points raised against TCB's utter bullshit?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
With respect, this is nonsense. Firstly because Noone didn't set up the first goal against Doncaster, it was a Bridcutt free kick that they headed out to Buckley. Secondly because thinking "a match winner is purely someone who scores the winner" is exactly what I'm NOT saying.

I stand corrected re the 1st assist but he was a major influence on us winning that game even though Buckley got the goals. You are so wrong about Noone though. Tell me how u would define a match winner then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here