Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

sonofjock

Nov 14, 2010
Don't blame Hartlepool, blame the ref. I haven't seen the incident but if the SCR commentators are to be believed the challenge on Lua Lua which lead to his injury was clearly a foul - right in front of the ref too. But he waved play on and Hartlepool scored their third. Not quite sure how a challenge that breaks someone's ankle is deemed to be OK.

you have not seen the incident yet you condemn the official because it was a broken ankle? he lost the ball on a run and jumped in and came off worse than the defender that's football, tackles in football are common, or they used to be when it was a contact sport. i think it was your no 25 that fell down everytime a player came within a yard of him which to me is not league football,more suited to the Premiereshit ,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i think it was your no 25 that fell down everytime a player came within a yard of him which to me is not league football,more suited to the Premiereshit ,

Kishishev? He never falls over.
It's a shame about the cracked bone but recovery should be quicker than a full break. Whether Newcastle let him come back to us after that is debatable.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Club text: Albion have been rocked by the news that a scan has revealed that Kazenga LuaLua has broken his ankle. He is expected to be out for 10 weeks.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
WHY does everyone always bang on about Monkhouse?! He's really not that good. He is a decent League One player with a left foot, but he has absolutely NO pace and would in NO way be a replacement for Kaz.

Gus has said he has a replacement lined up - it is imperetive that we have pace on the wings because we lack it anywhere else in the side, illustrated perfectly by the Woking game. The new boy needs to be quick.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
someone already lined up apparently [the argus]

Where does it say that? On seagulls.co.uk it says: "This will give someone the opportunity to prove themself a worthy replacement. Tuesday night's cup replay is a great chance for somebody to seize this chance.

Doesn't mean he has someone new lined up.

edit: just rwad arsegas: Albion have already lined up a replacement for LuaLua, whose loan spell with the Seagulls expires in January.

Poyet added: "The problem for us is that we know how important Kazenga is for us.

"We are going to move very quickly. We need a player this week. We need to cover that position."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where does it say that? On seagulls.co.uk it says: "This will give someone the opportunity to prove themself a worthy replacement. Tuesday night's cup replay is a great chance for somebody to seize this chance.

Doesn't mean he has someone new lined up.

That's just manager speak to get someone motivated for tomorrow night. Would be very surprised if he doesn't bring in another young exciting winger with pace to burn from some Premiership side.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And from Argus:

Poyet added: "The problem for us is that we know how important Kazenga is for us.

"We are going to move very quickly. We need a player this week. We need to cover that position."

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
who was the Pompey kiddy (winger)we trialled at the beginning of the season. He was quality but we couldn't afford him. If he's still without a club maybe he'd be interested in a short term contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here