Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If you have Player then go onto the Hartlepool site. It's the same password as Seagull's Player. They have 11 mins of highlights compared to our 4 or 5. The tackle is definitely worth a yellow.
Cheers. It was a hard challenge, but can't say it was malicious. The only silver lining I can think of is that if Newcastle did let us keep him till the end of the season, he'll be back in action by Feburary ready for the run-in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only silver lining I can think of is that if Newcastle did let us keep him till the end of the season, he'll be back in action by Feburary ready for the run-in.

Forget it.

No way will they let him play in the third division again after this. The only way we'll see KLL in the stripes again is if Tony buys him.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Don't go to that place then! :thumbsup:

:laugh: Thank you Mr. T Cooper.
Hi Guys

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news last night, cant understand though why Newcastle are claiming a broken leg when it "is" a cracked ankle bone. :albion1:

Its a cracked Fibula isn't it? Technically it is a broken leg I suppose.
I broke my Fibula in a tackle years ago, but unfortunately dislocated the ankle & did the ligaments at the same time hence I have a pin in it now.
They said the break would have been no problem.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Forget it.

No way will they let him play in the third division again after this. The only way we'll see KLL in the stripes again is if Tony buys him.

One dodgy tackle that could have happened in any league in the world. Witness the amount of broken legs this season in the premiership

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure the Premiership is a much safer place

Perhaps not, but there is a perception about "lower league cloggers" that Hartlepool unfortunately lived up to by crocking him.

"Meatheads" is what Lee Hendry memorably referred to them as - and that was after last seasons defeat at the same venue.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One dodgy tackle that could have happened in any league in the world. Witness the amount of broken legs this season in the premiership

Well I stand to be corrected, but I reckon that was the last game he'll play at this level on loan.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Forget it.

Hardly. That tackle could have happened anywhere, in any league. Newcastle will have seen enough of LuaLua playing for Brighton to realise it is benefiting his development.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I'd certainly love to be proved wrong. Hope you're right fella.

This news has royally pissed all over my chips today, I can tell you.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
On the positives it's great chance for Baz to come in and state a claim! It also could work in our favor. I.e. Newcastle might let us keep him for the rest of the season so he can regain his fitness?

But not a good week for us hopefully we can turn it around at the Withdean Saturday and show we can cope without him.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its very sad news for kazenga as he was getting better and better,but lets not forget kazenga doesn't actually play as often as people think as he's mostly rested or injured.He was a great sub and great for home games but we have done brilliant without him many time so its not the end of the world.

Best wishes and many thanks kazenga:thumbsup:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Is it me or is this one of the more fans together feel type of post, other than the bickering/point scoring posts that tend to go on. Has returned my faith in NSC.

Clearly as one we are all gutted, but as before lets refuel the Gus Bus and move on (I'm sure its not going to be the last kick in the knackers during our journey this season).

Also drove past The Amex today, one look at our new home again brought the smile back to my face.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Is it me or is this one of the more fans together feel type of post, other than the bickering/point scoring posts that tend to go on. Has returned my faith in NSC.

Clearly as one we are all gutted, but as before lets refuel the Gus Bus and move on (I'm sure its not going to be the last kick in the knackers during our journey this season).

Also drove past The Amex today, one look at our new home again brought the smile back to my face.

Good post. In a funny sort of way, I think the defeat at Hartlepool might do us a favour. Once or twice recently, and particularly during the Exeter game, we have looked as if we expected to turn over teams by only playing in second gear. I thought we looked far too narrow in midfield, meaning Calde and Marcos were having to go forward all the time, meaning the central defence was put under pressure if they were caught up the pitch. Gus I'm sure will learn from the game and Peterborough will not be the last time we give teams a hammering. However, as you say, Hartlepool will not be the only setback.

Last edited:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Well, I'd certainly love to be proved wrong. Hope you're right fella.

This news has royally pissed all over my chips today, I can tell you.

I feel exactly the same. I don't think I've ever been as gutted about a player's injury. He was so vital to the way we play, especially at home. It's the timing of it as much as anything else.

I just hope we can find an adequate replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here