Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
you have not seen the incident yet you condemn the official because it was a broken ankle? he lost the ball on a run and jumped in and came off worse than the defender that's football, tackles in football are common, or they used to be when it was a contact sport. i think it was your no 25 that fell down everytime a player came within a yard of him which to me is not league football,more suited to the Premiereshit ,

I thought it was a late challenge, a free kick to us and a yellow card for the H'pool player. But there you go that's football. Wouldn't argue with the sending off.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
monkey hanging THUGS

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was a late challenge, a free kick to us and a yellow card for the H'pool player. But there you go that's football. Wouldn't argue with the sending off.

I'd agree with this assessment, although I was sixty yards away.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sounds highly unlikely- he's a Spanish U19 international, a regular in Barca's reserves and made his debut for the first team last week. Can't see him coming here.

To be honest, I don't think promising foreign youngsters is what we're looking for as we head into winter, with bad pitches and other sides having worked out that they can kick us out of our stride (Calde I hear you say, but firstly he is experienced and secondly he comes from a part of Spain that has similar conditions to ours. Please don't think that I am suggesting we abandon the flair football Gus has developed - I am not, but one moment brought the point I am trying to make home to me. Baz had carved out a promising opening for himself late on and looked to be about to enter the penalty area. Then he took a second touch and the defender recovered. You get that time in South American football, and to a certain extent in Europe. You often don't here. Hartlepool countered our slow build up approach and for once we had no answer. As Easy 10 said, I'd like to see Jamie Smith given his chance unless we can get someone with electrifying pace like KLL.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle United | News | Latest News | Latest News | LuaLua Suffers Broken Leg

don't think you will see him again if he is loaned out it will be championship at least but then again you could make ut yet

"I'm so gutted," he told Newcastle United | Home after his injury was confirmed. "But there's nothing I can do - I just need to be positive.

"I had an x-ray after the game and the results showed that I had broken my fibula, in my lower leg. It's a nightmare.

???

"It's bad news because Kazenga has got a broken ankle."

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They weren't a dirty team and they closed us down effectively. But the challenge on LuaLua was late and IMHO worth a yellow card.

LuaLua was only on the pitch for 15 minutes and was fouled 4 or 5 times in that short stretch. Hartlepool targetted him. The foul was worth a yellow.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
LuaLua was only on the pitch for 15 minutes and was fouled 4 or 5 times in that short stretch. Hartlepool targetted him. The foul was worth a yellow.

Is there any footage of the challenge anywhere? Strange that the BBC left it off their highlights as it occurred immediately before their third goal. The SCR commentators thought it was a clear foul, but lots of conflicting accounts.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Is Jamie Smith not worth another look then ? I thought he'd done pretty well for us in his (limited) chances so far this season. I like the look of him.

Yes. I really liked him at the start of the season.

BUT, could he be one Gus was referring to in his Argus interview where he states he is disappointed with some who, essentially, havent been trying hard enough to fight for a place?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes. I really liked him at the start of the season.

BUT, could he be one Gus was referring to in his Argus interview where he states he is disappointed with some who, essentially, havent been trying hard enough to fight for a place?

Who knows. I'd be surprised though, because he had an excellent pre-season and seemed to have forced his way into the 1st team picture at the start of the season, so he must have worked hard to achieve that.

He's hardly had a look-in since KLL arrived. Now that KLL is out of the picture permanently for us, I'd hope/expect to see Smith make a few appearances for us even if its from the bench.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is there any footage of the challenge anywhere? Strange that the BBC left it off their highlights as it occurred immediately before their third goal. The SCR commentators thought it was a clear foul, but lots of conflicting accounts.

If you have Player then go onto the Hartlepool site. It's the same password as Seagull's Player. They have 11 mins of highlights compared to our 4 or 5. The tackle is definitely worth a yellow.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Hi Guys

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news last night, cant understand though why Newcastle are claiming a broken leg when it "is" a cracked ankle bone. Having been recently new to posting on NSC, it was refreshing to see for once no in-house squabbling about sources etc. Please be rest assured I thoroughly checked my sources before posting this type of news last night.

On a positive note, as I've mentioned before this could indeed be Bennetts opportunity to re-establish his role, i.e. free kicks etc, it wasnt that long ago he was pretty much man of the match most games. Whilst KLL will be sorely missed (if you are reading this KLL we wish you a speedy recovery) all we can do now is move on. I'm hopeful that the manager may well have something up his sleeve, which he would have needed too in January if he couldn't retain KLL services.

Its a blip (slightly big one admittedly) but lets refuel the Gus Bus and get the show back on the road
:albion1:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hi Guys

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news last night, cant understand though why Newcastle are claiming a broken leg when it "is" a cracked ankle bone. Having been recently new to posting on NSC, it was refreshing to see for once no in-house squabbling about sources etc. Please be rest assured I thoroughly checked my sources before posting this type of news last night.

On a positive note, as I've mentioned before this could indeed be Bennetts opportunity to re-establish his role, i.e. free kicks etc, it wasnt that long ago he was pretty much man of the match most games. Whilst KLL will be sorely missed (if you are reading this KLL we wish you a speedy recovery) all we can do now is move on. I'm hopeful that the manager may well have something up his sleeve, which he would have needed too in January if he couldn't retain KLL services.

Its a blip (slightly big one admittedly) but lets refuel the Gus Bus and get the show back on the road
:albion1:

Thanks for sharing the news Jimbo :thumbsup:
You're not Jim Joyce are you :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here