Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Maybe so, but in the end he's a loan player who is clearly worth more than we can afford to pay for him. So should be looking to replace him. Or go with Bennett - who was scoring freely in the early part of the season. Really get the feeling that LuaLua cramps Bennetts style, so maybe a blessing in disguise?

I see your point. Bennett does seem to take a step back, as far as free-kick taking responsibilities etc are concerned, when Kaz is on the pitch. His best form last season seemed to be when LuaLua wasn't playing.

However, as far as the team is concerned there is no doubt we are more effective when Kaz is in the team, or at least the squad, and his (apparent) injury gives the opposition one less thing to think about. If he is out for a while I think we need to bring in a winger asap.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he has been the difference when breaking teams down at home and we would miss him big time....if true

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'm of the opinion that LuaLua cramps Bennett's style anyways. And even if he doesn't, we shouldn't be so massively reliant on a loan player we can't afford.

Surely that is always the way with Premier League loan players? If he helps get us to the Championship but then has to go back to Newcastle none of us will be complaining!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Balls, I still haven't seen the incident since it happened, but it looked like it was caused by him jumping in after losing the ball.

Peterborough proved we can play without him, but yesterday proved exactly why we need him, as he turned us into an attacking threat after a poor performance from everyone else

And we were already 2-0 up at Charlton when he came on. We'll be ok, I'm sure.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
As the poster says Keep calm & carry on.

In all reality we might've lost him in January anyway & had to adapt to playing without him then so we'll just have to sort it earlier.

Jamie Smith is a technically very good player. And capable of changing a game, Walsall anyone?
And Baz seems to be coming on leaps & bounds. Plus i'm sure Gus had a B plan ready in case we couldn't get Kaz back.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Bloody awful news, the next 4 or 5 league games will now reveal where we really are at squad wise.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Absolutely. Except its a quick fix and a recipe for going straight back down again.
Exactly. Loan players can help get you up, but won't help staying up.............

Bad news though.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Are we talking about another Lua Lua,there was the one who has destroyed defences and set up many chances for teamates and the other one who broke his ankle yesterday who we wont miss because we might lose him in January and cramps the style of Bennett.
It could not have come at a worst time,Huddersfield and Southampton, without the additional striker we need and now this injury,its not good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm I'll wait the official info, no offence like

I was thinking the same thing. He would have been taken for an xray immediately and then taken to Newcastle rather than travel back with our team. If the injury was so bad, then I think we would have heard something officially by now? I wonder if the club have contacted Newcastle and waited until the swelling has gone down, to do a scan rather than an xray? That doesn't preclude a break but surely a break would have been detected sooner rather than later. Or am I clutching at straws?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If Lua Lua IS out for that long you would hope Gus will be on the blower to some contacts at spurs/Chelsea in the morning about a suitable replacement

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
İbrahim Tatlıses;3804719 said:
Huge blow, but it could be a blessing in disguise. This could well result in Newcastle agreeing to extend his loan for the season.
This.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sorry but Bennett is not like Lua Lua in any way. KLL terrifies opposing players with blistering pace and complete unpredictability. I think Bennett is a great player but he couldn't beat an egg 1-on-1. If Gus teaches him to take one touch and then whip the ball in (like Valencia does for Rooney) then he might go some way close to matching KLL's impact. Big Loss indeed if he is banjo'd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here