Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Bollocks. Will wait for the official report though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Very very sad news if that is right. But surely a broken ankle would take 3-4 months at least, not 10 weeks. Unless it's a chipped bone - so not a broken ankle really.

Such a shame - love watching this boy and he will be missed. As much for the psychological effect on the oppo as his impact on the pitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
İbrahim Tatlıses;3804719 said:
Huge blow, but it could be a blessing in disguise. This could well result in Newcastle agreeing to extend his loan for the season.

Its up to GP and TB to decide whether a loan extension is feasible and also for Newcastle to agree. Out for 10 weeks means he wont be 100% fit until mid February but we really need a replacement winger now.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not good news. But Bennett is more than capable of taking up the slack.

I disagree. There's no doubt that Bennett is the better all-round player but they work brilliantly in tandem. LuaLua is irreplaceable from within our current squad.

I would have thought he would have been looking anyhow. We only had him for 7 more games.

10 weeks is possible to resume training For non athletes, you can be driving again after just 6 weeks.

Only positive is he might be a bit cheaper to buy...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not good news. But Bennett is more than capable of taking up the slack.
Bennett's not going to take up the slack because he's already part of the team, LuaLua is something extra on top of that. Maybe he could score a few more than he has been but he's not going to replace LuaLua when he's already there playing very well. We're going to be massively reliant on him without Kazenga.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I questioned the 10 weeks as well as I thought it would be longer, what we have to bear in mind is that whilst no medic, our man CO is on the inside so if anyone should know, he will. Like any breaks to bones they can vary in seriousness and agree we should await for the "the official statement" on this

Maybe if anyone involved at the club, if you are reading this would care to confirm !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they are saying he'll be out for 10 weeks it might be a similar ankle injury that Jimmy McNulty picked up in August whilst playing for Scunny , he only came back to full time training last week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I disagree. There's no doubt that Bennett is the better all-round player but they work brilliantly in tandem. LuaLua is irreplaceable from within our current squad.

Maybe so, but in the end he's a loan player who is clearly worth more than we can afford to pay for him. So should be looking to replace him. Or go with Bennett - who was scoring freely in the early part of the season. Really get the feeling that LuaLua cramps Bennetts style, so maybe a blessing in disguise?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Balls, I still haven't seen the incident since it happened, but it looked like it was caused by him jumping in after losing the ball.

Peterborough proved we can play without him, but yesterday proved exactly why we need him, as he turned us into an attacking threat after a poor performance from everyone else

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bennett's not going to take up the slack because he's already part of the team, LuaLua is something extra on top of that. Maybe he could score a few more than he has been but he's not going to replace LuaLua when he's already there playing very well. We're going to be massively reliant on him without Kazenga.

I'm of the opinion that LuaLua cramps Bennett's style anyways. And even if he doesn't, we shouldn't be so massively reliant on a loan player we can't afford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here