• Don't know

Votes: 36 13.6%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Skysports.com understands Brighton are poised to sign Kazenga LuaLua on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

The Newcastle man has already enjoyed two loan spells with the Seagulls and manager Gus Poyet was eager to bring him back.

Talks with the 20-year-old winger have been going on for some time leading the Uruguayan tactician to comment that the deal "is going to be now or never."

However, it seems that Brighton have now finally got their man and should he impress in the Championship then the Seagulls will have the option of retaining his services permanently.

LuaLua is set to become Poyet's fifth acquisition this summer following the arrivals of Craig Mackail-Smith,Roland Bergkamp, Will Buckley and Will Hoskins.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Loan with a view then.................Does that mean if he performs well and we want him permanently Newcastle HAVE to sell him to us?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So today I've paid my first visit to the Amex, managed to get a ticket for the SSC Final on Saturday and now we may get KLL at least in some form....I've had worse days.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Loan with a view then.................Does that mean if he performs well and we want him permanently Newcastle HAVE to sell him to us?

Yes. It's then upto Lua Lua if he wants to sign.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does that mean if he performs well and we want him permanently Newcastle HAVE to sell him to us?
That's the big question isn't it.

Are we going for a loan because we're unsure of his injury, and we have a right to buy? Or are NUFC loaning him to us, because they'll want more if he turns out to be ok?
If the latter, I wouldn't bother. Not point building a squad with someone else's player - loans are to fill gaps in the side while you look elsewhere, or wait for injured players to come back, or when you want to trial someone. Hopefully we'll have a right to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here