Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lord bracknell, sorry I was right on delay

Sep 15, 2006
I did say there were other spanners in the wheel, something else arose yesterday, that will delay the decision for a sizeable period of time.
At this point I cannot elaborate, but I will do asap, and when appropriate. It isn't looking good, involving DEFRA assessing waterhall all over again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I did say there were other spanners in the wheel, something else arose yesterday, that will delay the decision for a sizeable period of time.
At this point I cannot elaborate, but I will do asap, and when appropriate. It isn't looking good, involving DEFRA assessing waterhall all over again.

If this is the case, why would the date of July 25th be made public?

If those responsible know that it's likely to take longer than this, for whatever reason, then what purpose would it serve them to publicly announce only a 2-week extension to the deadline?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

How do you know all this information? If it isn't appropriate to comment why post a public message?

As it is, Waterhall cannot be considered as it is north of the bypass and I understood there to be a by-law from the days of Brighton borough council preventing further development being built there, hence the reason why we have never built a stadium there. B&H council would also never allow the building of a football stadium there anyway.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Excuse my ignorance but who or what are DEFRA?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
How do you know all this information? If it isn't appropriate to comment why post a public message?

As it is, Waterhall cannot be considered as it is north of the bypass and I understood there to be a by-law from the days of Brighton borough council preventing further development being built there, hence the reason why we have never built a stadium there. B&H council would also never allow the building of a football stadium there anyway.

Oh and I've just read your posts about Forster being out long term injured from last month(yes - the same Forster who reported to training yesterday morning), Brian Talbot and Steve Claridge...You really talk bollocks quite alot don't you?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Department for the Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs

Thanks for clearing the up fella :thumbsup:

It all gets very confusing with all these different departments, I see another government agency SEEDA has announced today they are going to invest £5m in the Albions Falmer stadium campaign.

Wrong again.

Defra are consulting further on the National Park boundary. They have published their "GUIDANCE ON MAKING OBJECTIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS ON FURTHER MATTERS"

This includes the following paragraphs:-

9. Objections and representations should relate only to the areas covered by the proposed additions and not to any other part of the boundary for, or area of, the proposed National Park.

10. The areas recommended for exclusion by the Inspector are shown on the maps for information only. Objections and representations on these are not invited as they fall within the Designation Order boundary that was the subject of the public inquiry.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/issues/landscap/natparks/sdowns/guid-object.pdf

This means that there is no further consultation being planned on either the stadium site at Falmer or on the Waterhall site.

There will be further consultation on the Inspector's recommendation to include Toads Hole Valley in the National Park and this includes part of the embankment of the A27 that is close to Waterhall. Addition 23 shown on this map:-
http://www.countryside.gov.uk/Images/Map 33_tcm2-31754.pdf

But these consultations aren't relevant to the stadium decision. Whether it's inside the National Park or not, Toads Hole Valley fails on highway grounds. And all of the access issues have been fully done to death in the stadium Inquiry and the further representations that have been submitted to the DCLG since March 2007.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Wrong again.

Defra are consulting further on the National Park boundary. They have published their "GUIDANCE ON MAKING OBJECTIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS ON FURTHER MATTERS"

This includes the following paragraphs:-

9. Objections and representations should relate only to the areas covered by the proposed additions and not to any other part of the boundary for, or area of, the proposed National Park.

10. The areas recommended for exclusion by the Inspector are shown on the maps for information only. Objections and representations on these are not invited as they fall within the Designation Order boundary that was the subject of the public inquiry.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/issues/landscap/natparks/sdowns/guid-object.pdf

This means that there is no further consultation being planned on either the stadium site at Falmer or on the Waterhall site.

There will be further consultation on the Inspector's recommendation to include Toads Hole Valley in the National Park and this includes part of the embankment of the A27 that is close to Waterhall. Addition 23 shown on this map:-
http://www.countryside.gov.uk/Images/Map 33_tcm2-31754.pdf

But these consultations aren't relevant to the stadium decision. Whether it's inside the National Park or not, Toads Hole Valley fails on highway grounds. And all of the access issues have been fully done to death in the stadium Inquiry and the further representations that have been submitted to the DCLG since March 2007.

Is the right answers...well done Lord B :falmer:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Whoops JBE. Do we actually have a whole thread devoted to you looking utterly stupid this time?

Sep 15, 2006
Oh and I've just read your posts about Forster being out long term injured from last month(yes - the same Forster who reported to training yesterday morning), Brian Talbot and Steve Claridge...You really talk bollocks quite alot don't you?

Absolutely, which is why I am the only person to post about a possible delay, days before it is announced, twat..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here