Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for part time/ Xmas work

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know this is akin to standing by a roundabout with a placard on saying " looking for work " but I am looking for work. Be it part time work or Xmas work. I will consider ( almost ) anything. If there are any bosses out there or if people know of places looking for workers please PM me and I can send my cv.

I know this will give the snipers an opportunity to have another pop and 3 years ago I would not have imagined I would have to be doing this but people who know me know of my good character and hard working nature so here's hoping.

Its an odd thing to do, maybe , but I do not recall anyone else doing it on here and I am approaching all avenues at the moment.

Kind regards.

Gareth

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for that.

Are there not better places to do this? Job websites, local papers, trawl the local supermarkets or businesses, fire off unsolicited cv's to companies in the yellow pages etc etc?

You post that this offers ammunition to snipers on here, but to me I can't help feel that that is exactly the purpose of this thread. If you had tried every avenue and hit a dead end I could maybe understand a post like this on NSC, but have you? How many cv's have you actually sent or ad's applied to before coming on here looking for sympathy?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I know this is akin to standing by a roundabout with a placard on saying " looking for work " but I am looking for work. Be it part time work or Xmas work. I will consider ( almost ) anything. If there are any bosses out there or if people know of places looking for workers please PM me and I can send my cv.

I know this will give the snipers an opportunity to have another pop and 3 years ago I would not have imagined I would have to be doing this but people who know me know of my good character and hard working nature so here's hoping.

Its an odd thing to do, maybe , but I do not recall anyone else doing it on here and I am approaching all avenues at the moment.

Kind regards.

Gareth
Ticket office could do with an extra pair of hands:p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are there not better places to do this? Job websites, local papers, trawl the local supermarkets or businesses, fire off unsolicited cv's to companies in the yellow pages etc etc?

You post that this offers ammunition to snipers on here, but to me I can't help feel that that is exactly the purpose of this thread. If you had tried every avenue and hit a dead end I could maybe understand a post like this on NSC, but have you? How many cv's have you actually sent or ad's applied to before coming on here looking for sympathy?

Lokki. I am doing this site along with other avenues as you mention. I just thought/hoped some people that have known me over the last 9 years and that I have a lot to offer may have something. There could be managers and company directors on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why not sign up to an agency they will have tons of temp jobs over the Xmas period
Good call.

My suggestion would be to PM some of the many good people of NSC who have used and been impressed with your mortgage brokering services in the past. Use the links you have built up - you never know.

Good luck Gareth. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
nail head

Why would I want to open up a chance for people to have a pop ?. I can assure you I am not doing this as some sort of weird Masochism.

Lokki. I am doing this site along with other avenues as you mention. I just thought/hoped some people that have known me over the last 9 years and that I have a lot to offer may have something. There could be managers and company directors on here.

Well I will wish you luck and leave it at that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good call.

My suggestion would be to PM some of the many good people of NSC who have used and been impressed with your mortgage brokering services in the past. Use the links you have built up - you never know.

Good luck Gareth. :thumbsup:

I find it hard to trawl around like this but this is how tough it is out there. My latest setback which motivated this was I has a job application for part time/Xmas work at Asda turned down. Not even an interview. You have to laugh :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Lokki, aren't you a manager ? Maybe you could offer US something ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Where have I asked for sympathy I have asked if there are any jobs ?. I have used my initiative.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You have to make your own luck sometimes and if you are desparate for a job somebody on here might just be looking for somebody.

Withdean Wanderer is looking for someone to wash his jacket I believe :thumbsup:

Nail Head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here