Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Long suffering fans"

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Having family up in Brum I have been to a few City games and seen the Zulus in action around Brum. Nasty lot indeed.

I remember seeing them at QPR and about a hundred of them set upon some QPR fans who had been hurling bricks at blue noses as they came off the tube.

Gave them a proper pasting then ran the police.

Mentalists every one of them.

Against Leeds a couple of years back in a friendly they smashed up a Leeds coach with kids on board leaving a few needing stitches.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The zulu lot were lunatics and sadly a few worked with me on British Rail at the time I was there.

I am prettly certain their actions lead to a young Leeds fan dieing which sums up their mentality.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Every team has their morons but Birmingham had a few more then most.

I think the bad blood with Leeds in the modern game goes back to when Leeds beat Brum in the Coca Cola Cup semi final over two legs.

Brum would have got Villa in the final and Kevin Francis, the stricken giraffe, scored a great goal at St Andrews but Leeds won.

Pitched battles and a couple of stabbings and serious assaults afterwards in Brum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Yes every team has their morons Richie and you are ours :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
and there was me thinking I was actually having a sensible conversation...:lolol:

Never on NSC I'm afraid

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Sometimes, I think the Premiership SHOULD go and break away and form that super-European league they used to bang on about with no relelgation. Let it go a couple of years and watch as the public turns to home football and derbies and players running their hearts out for 2 or 3 grand a week.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Beach Hut said:
The only mildly amusing thing about football in my time there was the crass inability of West Midlands Constabulary to miss the point about the many thousands of flyers posted around the city inviting Blues fans to a fancy dress party at Selhurst Park which meant "riot" :lolol: :lolol:

Incredible if true.Not at all funny of course, but i would be tempted to have it as wallpaper if a full photo was available:lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Definitely true Brixtaan.

There were posters up advertising the day out.

Brum had been relegated and it was the last game of the season, away to ######. They took thousands and took over the ground. Nearly ALL in fancy dress.

Quite a scene.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brixtaan said:
Incredible if true.Not at all funny of course, but i would be tempted to have it as wallpaper if a full photo was available:lol:

It was all true, it was their last away game and already relegated.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Nearly ALL in fancy dress.

come on,thats thousands.

what year? there must be photos.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Final game of the season.

At Selhurst.

There are pics knocking about of the fighting but I cannot seem to find them using google.

Not everyone was dressed up but the majority were.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was possibly one of the most obvious pre-meditated acts of hooliganism ever.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Beach Hut said:

Fantastic.My mind is racing with the vision of ######s top 'boys' haha taking a pasting from gorillas,hitler,scargill,romans,policemen etc...hahaha...mother teresa,maggie thatcher,lady diana... your boys took one helluva beating !:lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Beach Hut said:

Right up there with the time the ICF put an announcement over the tannoy at the old den saying 'Could Bushy please report to the Cold Blow Lane Stand where he uncles Ivor, Charle and Frank are waiting for him.'

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here