Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Long suffering fans"

Have you started on the ground expansion of the SoL yet. I see that you have permission to take capacity up to 64,000.

I must say I'm looking forward to seeing nearly 40,000 empty seats:lolol:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Completely agree with what everyones been saying on here- But there are a few premiership teams i would hate to support, and despite our problems am thankful i support the albion.

Aston Villa prime example; what the f""k have they done in the last ten years! one of my housemates supports em and was 'boasting' that they are now 6 points (or something) off 6th place. Woo-bloody-hoo!! Terminally midtable premiership teams complete with plastic, fickle fans such as Villa have to be the worst teams to support, imo. At least in the football league you've got the excitement of playoff places, promotion and relegation. The gap in class in the Premiership has made it so boring and predictable imo!

The Bandit

Oct 31, 2004
Sunderland
Storer68 said:
Have you started on the ground expansion of the SoL yet. I see that you have permission to take capacity up to 64,000.

I must say I'm looking forward to seeing nearly 40,000 empty seats:lolol:

No thats incorrect. We have planning permission to extend the stadium capacity to 56,000. Obviously that work has been put on hold as we are skint and unable to attract that number of fans at present! The potential capacity of the SoL is 66,000 if all the work is complete on it. (This will only happen if England win the world cup bid).

Why your vendetta against Sunderland? Magpie in disguise?

The Bandit said:
No thats incorrect. We have planning permission to extend the stadium capacity to 56,000. Obviously that work has been put on hold as we are skint and unable to attract that number of fans at present! The potential capacity of the SoL is 66,000 if all the work is complete on it. (This will only happen if England win the world cup bid).

Why your vendetta against Sunderland? Magpie in disguise?

Ugh! The thought!

No vendetta at all. in fact I quite like Soondland and I thinkithe SoL is a fine arena, if a little souless. (And your stewarding is a disgrace!) but miles better that St JP.
Although it does lend itself to being the subject of a harmless yet humourous pun.

However, most fans in the NE (exclusing Hartlepool from this obviously) have a distictly inflated sense of their own sef importance.

If you realy want to see the word "Stadium" used in its most bizarre sense, wait til tomorrow.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hove&Albion F.C said:
Completely agree with what everyones been saying on here- But there are a few premiership teams i would hate to support, and despite our problems am thankful i support the albion.

Aston Villa prime example; what the f""k have they done in the last ten years! one of my housemates supports em and was 'boasting' that they are now 6 points (or something) off 6th place. Woo-bloody-hoo!! Terminally midtable premiership teams complete with plastic, fickle fans such as Villa have to be the worst teams to support, imo. At least in the football league you've got the excitement of playoff places, promotion and relegation. The gap in class in the Premiership has made it so boring and predictable imo!

Id swap places with Villa.

International footballers, plenty of money. The Holt End is bigger then Withdean for a start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I moved back from Birmingham to Brighton just before my eldest's first birthday.

There was no way I could suffer him supporting Villa or worse still singing "Keep Right On to the End of the Road" :censored:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Beach Hut said:
I moved back from Birmingham to Brighton just before my eldest's first birthday.

There was no way I could suffer him supporting Villa or worse still singing "Keep Right On to the End of the Road" :censored:

Some of my family are Villa fans.

Id rather be a Blue Nose then a Villain though. I actually think Keep Right On is a great song, especially when a packed St Andrews is singing it.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
West Brom is the best Birmingham team. Proper honest fans without the trouble that BCFC attract and the Spurs-esque whinging of AVFC fans.

Oh and it's arguable whether THE Albion would have been formed if it wasn't for WBA.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
Some of my family are Villa fans.

Id rather be a Blue Nose then a Villain though. I actually think Keep Right On is a great song, especially when a packed St Andrews is singing it.

An opinion I do not share I'm afraid.

Did my 5 years there and that was enough, time to repatriate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
West Brom is not really a Brum team. I know it is a suburb of Brum but regarded more as being part of the black country.

(I think)
A third of the ground is in Birmingham, the rest is in the county of the West Midlands. Also, the Hawthorns is actually closer than St Andrews to Villa Park.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
West Brom is not really a Brum team. I know it is a suburb of Brum but regarded more as being part of the black country.

(I think)

Wet Brom and Wolverhampton are regarded as the Black Country. They are also the other side of the M6

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only mildly amusing thing about football in my time there was the crass inability of West Midlands Constabulary to miss the point about the many thousands of flyers posted around the city inviting Blues fans to a fancy dress party at Selhurst Park which meant "riot" :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
West Brom and Wolverhampton are regarded as the Black Country. They are also the other side of the M6

No the black country was OK - the themed pubs were great, Crooked House and Desperate Dan's Pie Factory.

Not forgetting the infamous attraction - Dudley Zoo

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Beach Hut said:
The only mildly amusing thing about football in my time there was the crass inability of West Midlands Constabulary to miss the point about the many thousands of flyers posted around the city inviting Blues fans to a fancy dress party at Selhurst Park which meant "riot" :lolol: :lolol:

I went to that game.

The zulus were hanging about outside the Sainsbury's End from very early on.

Was quite funny seeing ###### fighting with The Pink Panther and a gang of Nuns.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
I went to that game.

The zulus were hanging about outside the Sainsbury's End from very early on.

Was quite funny seeing ###### fighting with The Pink Panther and a gang of Nuns.

Possibly the funniest photos were Adolf Hitler and The Vicar marauding through the away stand when it kicked off :lolol: :lolol:

Probably not politically correct now but at the time hilarious

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Literally everyone was in fancy dress. I remember a gorilla giving one eagles fan a right kicking.

Not funny when you think about it because it was one of the biggest organised shows of violence...but cant help but find it hilarious.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Regardless of the violence it was very very funny at the time.

Evil lot the Zulus (to say the least).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here