Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long Distance Relationships

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Another thing - i'll stop in a minute :). The mojority of people who go to uni both girls and blokes at 18 are generally very niave to the ways of the world etc even if they think otherwise. majority have come from relativiley sheltered backgrounds and stable family background - then they are suddenly let loose on the world away from the protective family and familiar environment- Make what you will of that.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Nobby's Betamax Video said:
Got it in one - the thing about it was the complete blackout. Have the spine to tell me rather than putting me through the wringer.

Still, you live and learn.

And then the old chesnut of phoning you at work thinking it's an easier option as you can't/won't have long to talk or say what you think. This women lark is easy.... Pity it took until i was 28/29 to suss it. I'm sure theres still pitfalls a plenty awaiting me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My girlfriend was supposed to have a year of travel in the northern American states near the start of this year. Then i got done in and she was mildly distracted by my potent death, so she stayed. So, she'll go in a few months instead. Personally, for me anyway, i can see only a certain length of time of our distance keeping us together. Each other's minutae becomes something else. The smallness and irrelevance of each other's days loses interest, i feel. So, it won;t last. But her travel is her dream more than a life with me is. Fair enough.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
NMH said:
Agreed, though hearing the truth wouldn't have hurt any less.

No, in some ways you're right, but I as well as the final "rejection" thing, I also went through a month of not thinking about anything else but "where was she?", "was she alright?", "why is she doing this?", "Is she with another bloke?" etc etc.

At least if she'd had the balls to tell me stright off, then I wouldn't have suffered a month's worth of grief.

:nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
DAMANCLAY said:
Thats sad to hear MB. Hows the recovery going?

Ach it's sad for her as she couldn't go and its sad for me that she will. But much better that she does rather than sits here and imagines elsewhere sweeter still.

Recovery is depressing. :)
It's extremely boring being tired and thicker than before. But, originally the doctors said 'about a year' until it's completed. That means another 30 days of me until i more the ME of before. A beast quite happily depressed with personal scissors in his head to stare at things and architect dismay.
:)

Nobby's Betamax Video said:
No, in some ways you're right, but I as well as the final "rejection" thing, I also went through a month of not thinking about anything else but "where was she?", "was she alright?", "why is she doing this?", "Is she with another bloke?" etc etc.

At least if she'd had the balls to tell me stright off, then I wouldn't have suffered a month's worth of grief.

:nono:

Being that you were engaged, would you not have then spent some thought on trying to get her back?

Obviously you are better off without that sort, as you said.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
NMH said:
Being that you were engaged, would you not have then spent some thought on trying to get her back?

Obviously you are better off without that sort, as you said.

For the 1st month, I didn't know where she was or how to contact her. Left messages with her parents to pass on etc etc (not rude :D ).

Did try when she had to come back at Xmas & had some rumpy pumpy for "old times sake" but that was it. Just goes to show what she thought of her new-found "golden boy" eh? ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont work - especially when they are at unis

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Les Biehn said:
Mine is 250 miles away in Manchester but I am looking to move there. I wove her so.

Im in manchester...I'll make her feel welcome ..if you want?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Robert Codners Nostril's girlfriend lives in Chichago (He's in harpenden) now that is a long distance relasionship

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OMG my first wife and I lived nearly 300 miles apart for nearly 2 years and used to meet in london(I lived in cheltenham) quite exiting really we met every 2 weeks and it was a case of finding somewhere very quiet in london so we could........... and believe me it was not easy.

the point of this post is in the word first and after our divorce I really wish I had not bothered as there was so much to do on my doorstep in cheltenham if you get my meaning.
but hey ho if you are in love you should be able to walk across hot coals all the way to australia to see her.
???

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:
Im in manchester...I'll make her feel welcome ..if you want?

That would be great but she likes cocks over 3 inches. Sorry.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
I used to go out with a girl called Becky from Stevenage, went out with each other for about 6 to 8 months, untill she cheated on me.

What is it with you and Becky's! How often did you see her?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here