Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long Distance Relationships

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Do they work? My girlfriend has just gone back to uni and im finding it fairly hard having to be a fair few miles away.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
how far is a fair few miles away?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Me and Jennii live 100 miles apart, so yes it can work if the both of you want it to.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
The relationship will only work if both of you are prepared to put in the effort.

I met my fiancee when I was in Tokyo. She ended up going back to Toronto whilst I was still working in Japan. I then got sent back to the UK and we spent about a year apart, before I ended up moving to Toronto.

When I finally got to Toronto, she was then posted to a project in Montreal until the end of the current year.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mine is 250 miles away in Manchester but I am looking to move there. I wove her so.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
It really depends how strong your relationship is, or wha she looks like

Whats your's look like BAG? I bet she has big boobies.

Oct 25, 2003
newcastle-brighton for me

f***ing hard but we're giving it a go, been together too long just to throw it away

working fine so far though like, popping down to B-TOWN this weekend

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think It can yes, my girlfriend is in oz at the moment and met up with her last night for first time in 8 weeks.
Be together for a month before go different ways again.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I always thought that Crawley was too far away for a good relationship so I can't understand how people can make relationships work when they are hundreds or thousands of miles apart. But each to their own.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The one i love is half the world away, it's hard sometimes when i can't be there for her when she needs me.

Some of you might know her.

Her initials are BHAFC.

Still it's a relationship i'm willing to put the hard yards in for.

Tyrone Biggums said:
The one i love is half the world away, it's hard sometimes when i can't be there for her when she needs me.

Some of you might know her.

Her initials are BHAFC.

Still it's a relationship i'm willing to put the hard yards in for.

Amen to that, there's been some very dark times that I've had to watch from afar and felt helpless.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
In mt experience it didn't work - was seeing a girl for about a year before she went to uni only at Bournemouth but not miles away- worked ok for the first year but when she came back over the summer it was never the same as before - not sure wether i had got used to doing my own thing a lot of the time or the other way . Fell apart october after that summer - on the other hand though a mate of mine and his girlfriend survived 3 years whilst he wa sin worthing and her at toke and they ended up getting married recently - I think it's a case of of how much effort you put in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here