Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Irish/Large One/Empire

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
But the reason whu Boston shut up shop was because of the 5-0! Have a look at how many League 2 teams beat Championship teams in that round, I think half the Championship went out. I guess in your world that should have meant 12 sacked managers :shootself

Illogical, captain. If Boston are such masters at shutting up shop, they'd have done it at 3-0 on the Saturday. Or maybe 4-0. Ideally at 0-0. If they had scored first against the Albion they'd almost certainly have gone through. Lucky their attacking play was marginally more crap than our own. We, ahem, should be beating teams like Boston. We very nearly didn't.

A forward line of Cox, Revell and Robinson, with Loft and Gatting in reserve, might get you the odd goal along theway, maybe even the odd win. But it's not going to be nearly enough to lift the club out of this division. Well not UPWARDS anyway...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
. But it's not going to be nearly enough to lift the club out of this division. Well not UPWARDS anyway...

Good chance we're not going to do either this season, mid table is acceptable, DK has settled for it already, which says it all really.

Tom Hark said:
Illogical, captain. If Boston are such masters at shutting up shop, they'd have done it at 3-0 on the Saturday. Or maybe 4-0. Ideally at 0-0. If they had scored first against the Albion they'd almost certainly have gone through. Lucky their attacking play was marginally more crap than our own. We, ahem, should be beating teams like Boston. We very nearly didn't.

A forward line of Cox, Revell and Robinson, with Loft and Gatting in reserve, might get you the odd goal along theway, maybe even the odd win. But it's not going to be nearly enough to lift the club out of this division. Well not UPWARDS anyway...
I'm just hoping you are saving up your £100 now. A more ludicrous bet I have not seen made on here :thumbsup:

Uncle Buck said:
You are right Steve, we should all accept the shite that is being served up because you told us to.

Relegation was never the problem, it was the manner that it happened and as McGhee was the man picking the team, the tactics and doing the talks, a large chunk is down to him.

McGhee may have less expendable income than Adams, but then Adams in the summer of 1999 (probably before you) had a squad of about 8 players as he had carried a mass clear out, out. So of course his tangible budget was probably more.

Also Adams rarely had transfer fees. Your master does, but he either seems incapable of using them or when he does he wastes them.

One more thing Steve, if you are going to call me a liar, kindly do it to my face and not from the safety of your PC.

Thanks.

No I don't think you are a liar, I think you genuinely believed your false statement about McGhee having more financial flexibility than Adams - and regardless of any statement of Dick Knight to the contrary, you will not admit you were wrong on that. As for the "to my face" stuff, juvenile keyboard warrior stuff that.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbils said:
LI, you really do seem to be getting quite bitter at the moment - is it because Mcghee will be getting the boot soon?

Not at all. I spy an opportunity to relieve you of some cash. Define "soon" and we'll have a bet, my record is quite good against you as I'm sure you remember :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Not at all. I spy an opportunity to relieve you of some cash. Define "soon" and we'll have a bet, my record is quite good against you as I'm sure you remember :D

1 in 1 - fair play.

Ill think ill keep my money to spend it on whores in Hong Kong, however i could get two.....:lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
No I don't think you are a liar, I think you genuinely believed your false statement about McGhee having more financial flexibility than Adams - and regardless of any statement of Dick Knight to the contrary, you will not admit you were wrong on that. As for the "to my face" stuff, juvenile keyboard warrior stuff that.

The fact is McGhee has a budget in place that seems to include some fees, yet this is not being used.

It seems that players do not want to come here and yet we are saying that we have agreed fees and in Dichio's case put together a similar package to the one Preston offered.

Withdean to me is not a big factor. If players are getting the financial security they are after they could not care about the ground.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Part of the problem is that as the situation is not being clearly defined people will naturally speculate as to what's true and what's not. As it is, I can understand the frustrations on here as I feel it myself. Somebody try giving us a true reason why we can't sign a halfway decent striker, I don't subscribe to the funds/Withdean/Mcghee reasons as there are too many contradictory statements being made.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Personally I think the whole problem stems from the clubs choice of targets, they either seem to be too high (which causes crys of PR stunt and inevitable dissapointment) or too low (crys of low expectations and misuse of funds). The club needs to be concentrating on players from the 2 divisions below as they are more likely to be in our price range and if they have potential and are doing it in them leagues they are more likely to make the step up.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get a target man from the divisions above, but should do it on the quiet incase it doesn't come off.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Les Biehn said:
Personally I think the whole problem stems from the clubs choice of targets, they either seem to be too high (which causes crys of PR stunt and inevitable dissapointment) or too low (crys of low expectations and misuse of funds). The club needs to be concentrating on players from the 2 divisions below as they are more likely to be in our price range and if they have potential and are doing it in them leagues they are more likely to make the step up.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get a target man from the divisions above, but should do it on the quiet incase it doesn't come off.

Totally agree :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Buck said:
The fact is McGhee has a budget in place that seems to include some fees, yet this is not being used.

It seems that players do not want to come here and yet we are saying that we have agreed fees and in Dichio's case put together a similar package to the one Preston offered.

Withdean to me is not a big factor. If players are getting the financial security they are after they could not care about the ground.
Adams also had fees, in fact their transfer fee spending is probably pretty similar when you add them all up. The big difference of course was that McGhee was mostly managing the Albion two leagues higher than Adams. This similar amount of money goes a long way in League 2. And generally nowhere in a strong division like the Championship.

If you are implying that Dichio is not coming here because of McGhee, that's ludicrous. He is currently playing in the Preston first team. Why would he want to drop a league for no discernable reason?

Re. Withdean, you make exactly the same point that your hate figure McGhee made at the Fans Forum, if we pay enough, we can overcome the strongly negative Withdean factor. But we aren't paying enough. For example, we aren't offering a significant premium to Dichio's current wages to persuade him to drop a league to a troubled club with significant stadium issues.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Rougvie said:
and all this will be forgotten by the angry reactionary keyboard based pond life that cant even remember what happened in their meaningless lives yesterday, let alone a game the previous Sunday that they probably didn't even attend.

Here here:clap:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'll top mine up to 2 mill later.Your right, big trouble.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
vulture said:
Oi I was there Sunday.Brixtaan we are in 21st deep in shit

eh ? I thought we were in 12th ?

:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here