Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Irish/Large One/Empire

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Thats a fairly good position to be in to get a close picture of what is happening at OUR club and to then slag the few people who are still going to games..

Oh dear, poor old BG, cheap shot even for your well known low standards. I would hazard a guess that I have seen the Albion a whole lot more that you over the last 37 years.

So I missed a game because I was away, that's because unlike you I have a life you sad old fart.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
I think we could lose both, the manner of losing will be critical I believe. A couple more heavy losses and I think the atmosphere from the fans could make MM's position untenable.

But we could win both. If we lose the next two games in a poor manner then I will start to question what is going on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The warning bells should have started ringing after the Boston game. Relying on a single goal from a defender late into the game to edge past a team one division down that had been been tonked 5-0 a couple of days earlier. That's not good. Especially as we were using all of our first-team options up front that night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
The warning bells should have started ringing after the Boston game. Relying on a single goal from a defender late into the game to edge past a team one division down that had been been tonked 5-0 a couple of days earlier. That's not good. Especially as we were using all of our first-team options up front that night.

Maybe but if the defence didn't keep conceding we could have won all our games this season, taking the lead in 3 to lose two of them makes me wonder if we are strengthening in the right areas. We seem to have a few goalscorers this year.

Building from the back is the strength of all succesful teams. Are we becoming too obsessional about a top quality striker, rather than a journeyman and buying two full backs.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Maybe but if the defence didn't keep conceding we could have won all our games this season, taking the lead in 3 to lose two of them makes me wonder if we are strengthening in the right areas. We seem to have a few goalscorers this year.

Building from the back is the strength of all succesful teams. Are we becoming too obsessional about a top quality striker, rather than a journeyman and buying two full backs.

Not sure there has been any strenghtening.

A left back has been needed since harding left

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure there has been any strenghtening.

A left back has been needed since harding left

I am saying we need to strengthen with two full backs and more of a Mooney type forward, which should be within our alleged budget. I.E. three players rather than one top quality targetman

Tom Hark said:

But the reason whu Boston shut up shop was because of the 5-0! Have a look at how many League 2 teams beat Championship teams in that round, I think half the Championship went out. I guess in your world that should have meant 12 sacked managers :shootself

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But the reason whu Boston shut up shop was because of the 5-0! Have a look at how many League 2 teams beat Championship teams in that round, I think half the Championship went out. I guess in your world that should have meant 12 sacked managers :shootself

I doubt it, as those Championship managers had not got their sides relegated in a fairly pathetic manner, as they are still in the Championship.

A blip is one thing, but McGhee has struggled to get results or a certainly a run of results since January 2005.

Uncle Buck said:
I doubt it, as those Championship managers had not got their sides relegated in a fairly pathetic manner, as they are still in the Championship.

A blip is one thing, but McGhee has struggled to get results or a certainly a run of results since January 2005.

Only because you have ridiculous expectations of what a manager could have achieved with no funds. Keeping us up one year alone was a miracle. At the Fans Forum, Dick Knight clearly said McGhee has less money than Micky Adams did, contrary to what you have falsely stated many times on here.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Those sides mainly played the stiffs

Excuses, excuses - everyone gets a pass except the team you are meant to support.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
For the time being I'll keep faith with Mcgee. I certainly dont expect us to be challenging for the top spot, but I dont think we should be fighting relegation either. So for the time being, mid table is about right.

I think we will have a clearer site of where we will be in October. Be near the top and I will be very happy, mid table then ok, near the bottom and then yes, goodbye McGee.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Only because you have ridiculous expectations of what a manager could have achieved with no funds. Keeping us up one year alone was a miracle. At the Fans Forum, Dick Knight clearly said McGhee has less money than Micky Adams did, contrary to what you have falsely stated many times on here.

You are right Steve, we should all accept the shite that is being served up because you told us to.

Relegation was never the problem, it was the manner that it happened and as McGhee was the man picking the team, the tactics and doing the talks, a large chunk is down to him.

McGhee may have less expendable income than Adams, but then Adams in the summer of 1999 (probably before you) had a squad of about 8 players as he had carried a mass clear out, out. So of course his tangible budget was probably more.

Also Adams rarely had transfer fees. Your master does, but he either seems incapable of using them or when he does he wastes them.

One more thing Steve, if you are going to call me a liar, kindly do it to my face and not from the safety of your PC.

Thanks.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
With the side he had last year he should have done better.

it was no way a squad that was 15 points away from staying up.

Yep I agree. The squad was good enough the manager wasnt.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:

Relegation was never the problem, it was the manner that it happened and as McGhee was the man picking the team, the tactics and doing the talks, a large chunk is down to him.

Nope you are lying, how can it be the managers fault we went down in that manner, didnt you know it was because half the games we played were an irrelevance (Luton, Soton etc), half of it was the pitch, the other half was the referee etc etc and the next time I see you I will tell you :lolol:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Nope you are lying, how can it be the managers fault we went down in that manner, didnt you know it was because half the games we played were an irrelevance (Luton, Soton etc), half of it was the pitch, the other half was the referee etc etc and the next time I see you I will tell you :lolol:

Not forgetting the Reading fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here