Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I always thought he'd bw the kind of positional tweener that G.P. would like to tinker around with. Not worth the money we paid but not dreadful either. Just didn't look that bovvered about half the time (unless playing against a big 6 club if memory serves).

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On his wilki page it is already stating his stats for Cincinnati. Is that someone being mischievous?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
On his wilki page it is already stating his stats for Cincinnati. Is that someone being mischievous?

How can he have stats for them!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The MLS season starts on the same date as the window opens ie 19th Feb so no way will he be available for us for any games.if we want to sell him.

But should we sell given we are so obviously lacking in the striker dept? That is my point... we could and should have signed a striker... we failed to do so... so we are left with Big Jurg or nothing. In this scenario we should tell the yanks they have to wait...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

IMG_20200202_094642.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But should we sell given we are so obviously lacking in the striker dept? That is my point... we could and should have signed a striker... we failed to do so... so we are left with Big Jurg or nothing. In this scenario we should tell the yanks they have to wait...

The club were well aware of the scenario and obviously decided that recouping some money was of greater importance than signing a striker or simply that Jurgen couldnt do it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How much do we think he’ll sell for...?

(Did we pay £15m?)

Is he still worth £10m?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Somebody updated Guirassy's wiki a couple of days ago and had him as our player and wearing the number 9 shirt. So every chance. Wiki can be a hotbed of mischievous updates for football. I was quite relieved the Guirassy update was BS. From what I've seen of him, that could have won the Dobbie Award as our worst panic buy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

(Did we pay £15m?)

Is he still worth £10m?

If we got anywhere near £10million for him at the current exchange rate would be $13 million usd would make him the third highest transfer fee in the MLS (according to Wikipedia) above what Toronto paid for Defoe.

Over £5million would still get him into the top 10. So I really cannot see us making that much of our initial outlay back giving the league he's going to.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

(Did we pay £15m?)

Is he still worth £10m?
The fact we've sold now rather than wait until the summer suggests it is a decent fee.

It is no doubt less than what we paid for him, maybe we'll never know. Hopefully US teams don't do 'undisclosed fees', and we find out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The club were well aware of the scenario and obviously decided that recouping some money was of greater importance than signing a striker or simply that Jurgen couldnt do it.

Yes, and I’m saying I disagree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So what is their current record?

163K according to Transfer Markt website , and the deal is a loan with an option to buy from that article
So. Anything over 163,000 and it’s a record for them !

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
163K according to Transfer Markt website , and the deal is a loan with an option to buy from that article
So. Anything over 163,000 and it’s a record for them !

They’ve only been going since 2018!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
We’ll never get anywhere near our money back but if we could get something close to the reported £5mill we paid Hudds for Mooy then I’d say that’s been a good trade-off this window👍
Ok we’ll have taken a loss on Locadia but that would be massively off-weighed by the way we robbed Huddersfield!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’ll never get anywhere near our money back but if we could get something close to the reported £5mill we paid Hudds for Mooy then I’d say that’s been a good trade-off this window
Ok we’ll have taken a loss on Locadia but that would be massively off-weighed by the way we robbed Huddersfield!

It was suggested we had already paid £5M loan fee for Mooy - so actually total fee closer to £10M, which feels about right to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here