Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
To be fair, at least he's out there running a succesful business employing people with real world experience, rather than chuntering away on a football forum making embarrassing moronic comparisons with fascism or continually referencing multiple accounts ...

are you a steve foster?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
As referenced about, this story is starting to bubble up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-63006755

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...reign-office-spent-1841-at-football-club-shop

What exactly was the foreign office doing spending £4,333 on two trips to the hair dressers and £1,841 at the Norwich Club Shop ?

How do you even spend £1841 in the Norwich club shop, unless they sell Delia branded cookware now?

And two trips to the hairdressers for £4000 - did that include flights on a private jet to the salon?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I hate to be pedantic, but our economy has been predicted to crash and burn ever since we voted for it nearly 3 years ago, and as a result it started crashing and burning about 20 months ago. This is certainly increasing the intensity, but it is what we voted for and can't really come as a surprise, can it :shrug:

I think what they’ve done today is beyond ridiculous. None of Truss’s immediate predecessors have decided to borrow vast amounts of money to give it away to people who don’t need any more. And what the housing market will do with the changes, who knows.

Trickle down economics does not work. Giving loads of money to those already have loads, it will just get squirrelled away to make more money. If they were helping those who need most help the money would be spent in the local economy on things like food and other unnecessary luxuries - clothes, shoes……

And to be genuinely pedantic you say it’s what we voted for. I guess it’s the collective we, but I certainly did not vote for either Brexit or the current shower in government.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
We are the largest firm of Independent Financial Advisers in Sussex without any external shareholders

Blimey I hope you have never given out any clues to people on here what firm of IFA's you're involved in. You could loose a lot of business from the 'little people' who just want advice on their pension. You won't be employing 2 extra people if everyone with any morals uses a different company to the one you've tried to mention on here before! More chance of me meeting the queen than you taking on 2 more members of staff due to the mini budj...... oh!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blimey I hope you have never given out any clues to people on here what firm of IFA's you're involved in. You could loose a lot of business from the 'little people' who just want advice on their pension. You won't be employing 2 extra people if everyone with any morals uses a different company to the one you've tried to mention on here before! More chance of me meeting the queen than you taking on 2 more members of staff due to the mini budj...... oh!

I’ve personally worked with large Sussex based firms of IFA’s.

Their clients are never ‘little people’ or the man on the street. There’s immense wealth in Brighton, Hove and wider Sussex. The average BTL landlord owns 7 let properties, there are 10,000’s folk with the best part of £1m or far more in funds with wealth managers (IFA’s). Many are stinking rich pensioners, think of all the vast homes in the city and county. People write huge cheques to settle their kids student loans, or pay their kids school fees years in advance or gift £300k as a deposit to get their son or daughter on the property ladder.

It’s a different world, far detached from Sussex’s Joe Public.

Ironically, both [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] live in that elite wealthy category :bowdown:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Newsnight's economic panel analysing today's reverse Robin Hood budget: FT, former advisor to Phillip Hammond and the Spectator - Right wing, righter wing, rightest wing. Usual balance.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I’ve personally worked with large Sussex based firms of IFA’s.

Their clients are never ‘little people’ or the man on the street. There’s immense wealth in Brighton, Hove and wider Sussex. The average BTL landlord owns 7 let properties, there are 10,000’s folk with the best part of £1m or far more in funds with wealth managers (IFA’s). Many are stinking rich pensioners, think of all the vast homes in the city and county. People write huge cheques to settle their kids student loans, or pay their kids school fees years in advance or gift £300k as a deposit to get their son or daughter on the property ladder.

It’s a different world, far detached from Sussex’s Joe Public.

Ironically, both [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] live in that elite wealthy category :bowdown:

Some 'little' people do actually need advice from IFA's though. I was trying to be subtle & suggest that some IFA's are only in it for the commission & couldn't care anything about the persons financial wellbeing. Not suggesting that the poster I quoted is someone who just cares about commission but he does come across as someone who talks a load of rubbish! As someone who has worked in a small actual 'independent' FA's office, I shall apply for one of his newly established 2 jobs. I don't have my FPC's but something tells me I wont actually need them! :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Newsnight's economic panel analysing today's reverse Robin Hood budget: FT, former advisor to Phillip Hammond and the Spectator - Right wing, righter wing, rightest wing. Usual balance.

It's probably more powerful to have right of centre individuals analysing the policies than left wing ones.

That's the new politics from Brexit to trickle down economics. They are a result of a split in the Conservative Party or rather a takeover by disaster capitalist wing who have taken advantage of a policy vacuum on both sides of the house.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuinely not sure who loses their job first now, Truss or Southgate

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's probably more powerful to have right of centre individuals analysing the policies than left wing ones.

That's the new politics from Brexit to trickle down economics. They are a result of a split in the Conservative Party.

I don't care what is more powerful. I care that a once independent broadcaster is becoming a voice for a minority view and for none of the rest of us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some 'little' people do actually need advice from IFA's though. I was trying to be subtle & suggest that some IFA's are only in it for the commission & couldn't care anything about the persons financial wellbeing. Not suggesting that the poster I quoted is someone who just cares about commission but he does come across as someone who talks a load of rubbish! As someone who has worked in a small actual 'independent' FA's office, I shall apply for one of his newly established 2 jobs. I don't have my FPC's but something tells me I wont actually need them! :facepalm:

There are IFA’s and IFA’s. A trend of the last 20 years is to pile into the highly regulated but even more lucrative area of wealth management.

Through marketing and word of mouth, build a few hundred folk with say £800k each in ISA’s/SIPP’s. 500 x £800k x a 1% or 1.25% AMC = guaranteed annual income of £4m or £5m before salaries, PII, platform costs and overheads. I’ve seen exactly that. Guaranteed come rain, shine or choice of average/dog funds. Augmented by other fees and commission.

Those firms weren’t particularly interested in the bloke with pensions worth £80k or wanting to buy their first flat.

The wealth disparity in Sussex is vast, I don’t think people realise.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't care what is more powerful. I care that a once independent broadcaster is becoming a voice for a minority view and for none of the rest of us.

That's the problem broadcasters have though, no-one is sure what balance and constructive debate is any more.

Also, the opposition are often playing a game of we are better off not turning up. The same game the Government have played.

Don't the blame the broadcasters, blame the media savvy politicians or actually their media savvy advisors.

Ever wondered why Andrew Bridgen turns up on the media ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are IFA’s and IFA’s. A trend of the last 20 years is to pile into the highly regulated but even more lucrative area of wealth management.

Through marketing and word of mouth, build a few hundred folk with say £800k each in ISA’s/SIPP’s. 500 x £800k x a 1% or 1.25% AMC = guaranteed annual income of £4m or £5m before salaries, PII, platform costs and overheads. I’ve seen exactly that. Guaranteed come rain, shine or choice of average/dog funds. Augmented by other fees and commission.

Those firms weren’t particularly interested in the bloke with pensions worth £80k or wanting to buy their first flat.

The wealth disparity in Sussex is vast, I don’t think people realise.

I have just sorted some IFA help, thanks to a kindly correspondent on...NSC!...but I'm wondering now whether I shouldn't have (sorry, 'of' - forgetting my working class routes) asked for your advice ??? :eek:

:wink:

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling

The idea that any BBC news flagship programme is presenting a pro gov agenda suggesting a wider bias is laughable. Giving a voice to people who you don't agree with/ have an altetnative view is a public service .. less of the pearl clutching petal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have just sorted some IFA help, thanks to a kindly correspondent on...NSC!...but I'm wondering now whether I shouldn't have (sorry, 'of' - forgetting my working class routes) asked for your advice ??? :eek:

:wink:

A £800k final salary scheme pot including a £200k tax free lump sum.

Call yourself a Trotskyite :rant:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A £800k final salary scheme pot including a £200k tax free lump sum.

Call yourself a Trotskyite :rant:

Bang to rights. I'll come quietly guv. Just don't put me in a cell with one of those rough working class types :banana:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
As referenced about, this story is starting to bubble up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-63006755

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...reign-office-spent-1841-at-football-club-shop

What exactly was the foreign office doing spending £4,333 on two trips to the hair dressers and £1,841 at the Norwich Club Shop ?

Dvl9DumXgAMpUG3

Maybe she bought Alex Pritchard? About the right value these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here