Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I hope you're right. It's absolutely sickening to think of the poultry pay rise public service workers have been offered (which in education schools are having to budget themselves suddenly with no additional funding which they don't have anywhere near enough as it is) and then today's mini budget. We'll see if anything comes from the upcoming likely-to-be unprecedented education strikes.

Will see we see further civil unrest on the streets I wonder? Do enough of the people it'll affect (or not in this case) the most care or realise what's going on... so many folk disengaged with/apethetic about politics currently...

The only civil unrest on the streets recently is the racial gang fighting between Hindus and Muslims taking place in Leicester.

The thread got moved to the Bear Pit because it involves, as the moderator above delicates put it, “brown people”.

They aren’t worthy of the main board or discussion - only rich white people for the Main Board please.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I’m confident that will Starmer will head a Confidence And Supply government from Dec 2024, so just 27 months to put up with these tax changes.

That's the bit I really don't get. These changes won't stimulate the growth they need in that timeframe - assuming it works at all which a lot of economists don't think it will - and any self respecting business will know that a). Labour are favourites to win in 2024 and b.) Will reverse the changes on Day 1.

So why commit political suicide with these policies? It's a gift for Labour. I'm just hoping they don't miss ala Maupay against Leeds.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
What I find interesting, re the decline of political discourse online, is the rise of the self identifying 'progressive/liberal/centre left' types who seem to dominate in many areas and happily judge others for being too extreme, intolerant, bigoted, gullible, fascistic etc while continually displaying those exact same qualities. I call it the tyranny of the centre ground. :angel:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope you're right. It's absolutely sickening to think of the poultry pay rise public service workers have been offered (which in education schools are having to budget themselves suddenly with no additional funding which they don't have anywhere near enough as it is) and then today's mini budget. We'll see if anything comes from the upcoming likely-to-be unprecedented education strikes.

Will see we see further civil unrest on the streets I wonder? Do enough of the people it'll affect (or not in this case) the most care or realise what's going on... so many folk disengaged with/apethetic about politics currently...

You’ll get 3/4 or 1.75 odds on Labour gaining the most seats. Printing money?

Whilst city analysts, universally seem to have factored in a Labour government in 2024.

It’s interesting how almost every grouping have a complaint. Feltz on TalkRadio this evening made “the great injustice” that pensioners gained nothing today. With the triple locked pension, only briefly halted now, the state pension has risen rapidly in recent years, way above the cost of living. I feel for all the young folk who have to live with family or sofa surf for 10 or 20 years, priced out of homes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The only civil unrest on the streets recently is the racial gang fighting between Hindus and Muslims taking place in Leicester.

The thread got moved to the Bear Pit because it involves, as the moderator above delicates put it, “brown people”.

They aren’t worthy of the main board or discussion - only rich white people for the Main Board please.

Oh yeah I saw that. Reminds me of the disgraceful sectarian violence four or more times a season when Rangers play Celtic, after which the losers go home and beat their wives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
This won’t set in chain long term growth, 27 months is too short a timeframe. I posted that a few days ago here. Electorates don’t ‘do’ medium/long term thinking, instead just the £ in their pocket, next and way down the NHS.

My earlier Betfair punt on Labour having most MP’s at the next GE looks safe.

Completely agree.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1573386424027877377[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's the bit I really don't get. These changes won't stimulate the growth they need in that timeframe - assuming it works at all which a lot of economists don't think it will - and any self respecting business will know that a). Labour are favourites to win in 2024 and b.) Will reverse the changes on Day 1.

So why commit political suicide with these policies? It's a gift for Labour. I'm just hoping they don't miss ala Maupay against Leeds.

Exactly, I thought that before today, the timeframe simply isn’t there.

I suspect that Kwarteng, Duncan-Sh@t and some right wing gurus got to Truss, persuading her of this glorious do-or-die reset.

Imho it will be a die. There isn’t the time and overseas businesses won’t pour into the UK knowing that Rachel Reeves will restore high taxation UK.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What I find interesting, re the decline of political discourse online, is the rise of the self identifying 'progressive/liberal/centre left' types who seem to dominate in many areas and happily judge others for being too extreme, intolerant, bigoted, gullible, fascistic etc while continually displaying those exact same qualities. I call it the tyranny of the centre ground. :angel:

good budget for you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One month since the markets realised we're stuck with Thick Lizzy. All this is going to put booster rockets under inflation...

Attachments

• capture1.PNG
    capture1.PNG
    41.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 125

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Exactly, I thought that before today, the timeframe simply isn’t there.

I suspect that Kwarteng, Duncan-Sh@t and some right wing gurus got to Truss, persuading her of this glorious do-or-die reset.

Imho it will be a die. There isn’t the time and overseas businesses won’t pour into the UK knowing that Rachel Reeves will restore high taxation UK.

Not before the Tories leave her a note saying there isn’t any money left :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

What I find interesting re the decline of political discourse online is people who have to create multiple anonymous accounts to get their point over.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I’m actually in shock at the stupidity of todays budget. It’s absurd. It’s a blatant attempt to butter up their donors. Maybe it would attract more business to this country, if we didn’t leave an economic union that made that easy. I can only see this going absolutely terribly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m actually in shock at the stupidity of todays budget. It’s absurd. It’s a blatant attempt to butter up their donors. Maybe it would attract more business to this country, if we didn’t leave an economic union that made that easy. I can only see this going absolutely terribly

The Tufton Street revolution is under way, this has all been in planning for a long time

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
IMO, the only thing that that Kwasi Kwarteng is qualified in, and actually rather over-qualified ......

is imposter syndrome.

As a business owner employing 30+ people, I have to say:

What great announcements for businesses - finally from a proper Conservative administration!

Cut in the basic rate of income tax to 19% ✅

45% higher rate of income tax abolished ✅

Reverse rise in National Insurance ✅

Cancel U.K. wide rise in corporation tax that was due to increase from 19% to 25% tick ✅ ✅ ✅

Regulation changes so pension funds can increase U.K. investments ✅

In Liz we trust

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
As a business owner employing 30+ people, I have to say:

What great announcements for businesses - finally from a proper Conservative administration!

Cut in the basic rate of income tax to 19% [emoji736]

45% higher rate of income tax abolished [emoji736]

Reverse rise in National Insurance [emoji736]

Cancel U.K. wide rise in corporation tax that was due to increase from 19% to 25% tick [emoji736] [emoji736] [emoji736]

Regulation changes so pension funds can increase U.K. investments [emoji736]

In Liz we trust

Good that NSC’s richest poster* likes it. #ManOfThePeople

*not actually NSC’s richest poster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here