Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am. I am interested in whether those who are winners from today intend to behave in a way the CX said they would ie stimulate growth, set up new businesses, employ more people or if instead they would just top up their pension pot, book a better overseas holiday or buy a fancier foreign car.

I didn't mean that. I'm interested in that. I just wondered why you'd be interested in what Spence thought. Have you had an illuminating reply yet? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am. I am interested in whether those who are winners from today intend to behave in a way the CX said they would ie stimulate growth, set up new businesses, employ more people or if instead they would just top up their pension pot, book a better overseas holiday or buy a fancier foreign car.

This won’t set in chain long term growth, 27 months is too short a timeframe. I posted that a few days ago here. Electorates don’t ‘do’ medium/long term thinking, instead just the £ in their pocket, next and way down the NHS.

My earlier Betfair punt on Labour having most MP’s at the next GE looks safe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That wasn’t berating, I was very polite and gave a valid rationale.

Yes you were polite. And you certainly gave a rationale but whether it is valid is a matter of opinion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t think it’s right that people can post anything they like, up to and including threats of violence, just because their politics are popular. I hate Liz Truss and the Tories, but lots of comments here - including your own - are going way, way too far.

Then report the post and we'll consider it in our normal professional manner :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I calmly disagree (on the use of the term).

This is symptomatic of the extremes in which political adversaries talk these days … the opposition are scum, fascists.

Black and white, no grades of dislike or disagreement.

This is a far right government, ideologically. Farage is a fascist and has backed the budget. UKIP / BNP / Brexit party have taken over the Tory party. I genuinely yearn for a John Major or even a Cameron.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
This is a far right government, ideologically. Farage is a fascist and has backed the budget. UKIP / BNP / Brexit party have taken over the Tory party. I genuinely yearn for a John Major or even a Cameron.

They are not far-right or even right-wing. Tories are though completely corrupt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Funny thing, within the polarised thinking of nsc and elsewhere, Cameron/Soubry/Berkow/Grieve would’ve all been loudly labelled as “scum” by many circa 2009. It’s the same from the right, Jo Cox would’ve been deemed a traitor before she was murdered.

A lesson to be learnt on it’s all relative, perhaps. Probably not, people stuck in their aggressive party political trenches until their last breath.

Farage - a racist and sh@t stirrer, he dabbled in the Putin’s a top bloke thing …. a nasty piece.

I’m confident that will Starmer will head a Confidence And Supply government from Dec 2024, so just 27 months to put up with these tax changes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Funny thing, within the polarised thinking of nsc and elsewhere, Cameron/Soubry/Berkow/Grieve would’ve all been loudly labelled as “scum” by many circa 2009. It’s the same from the right, Jo Cox would’ve been deemed a traitor before she was murdered.

A lesson to be learnt on it’s all relative, perhaps. Probably not, people stuck in their aggressive party political trenches until their last breath.

Farage - a racist and sh@t stirrer, he dabbled in the Putin’s a top bloke thing …. a nasty piece.

I’m confident that will Starmer will head a Confidence And Supply government from Dec 2024, so just 27 months to put up with these tax changes.

Keep an eye out on the Italian election results very soon. That will have the hard left frothing again. :clap:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm going balls deep in whores, strip clubs and coke. Cheers jiz and kwasi, you imbeciles.

Can't believe they are helping those that don't need it and won't vary spending as a result of their stupid gifts.

Hopefully those suffering will finally stop self harming

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

If they got rid of Starmer and replaced him with Mick Lynch it would be a whitewash

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Keep an eye out on the Italian election results very soon. That will have the hard left frothing again. :clap:

R4 covered that tonight. The right will win on Sunday, a three party coalition headed by The Brothers Of Italy.

The BBC analyst reckoned that The Brothers Of Italy aren’t of the same ilk as Le Pen and Orban. They completely disown Mussolini and refuse to sit with the far right in the Strasbourg European Parliament. The Brothers of Italy are anti immigration and pro Italian traditions being preserved and restored.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
trickle.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I hope you're right. It's absolutely sickening to think of the poultry pay rise public service workers have been offered (which in education schools are having to budget themselves suddenly with no additional funding which they don't have anywhere near enough as it is) and then today's mini budget. We'll see if anything comes from the upcoming likely-to-be unprecedented education strikes.

Will see we see further civil unrest on the streets I wonder? Do enough of the people it'll affect (or not in this case) the most care or realise what's going on... so many folk disengaged with/apethetic about politics currently...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If they got rid of Starmer and replaced him with Mick Lynch it would be a whitewash

The one repeated criticism I hear about Starmer in the media and from punters, is the lack of policy despite 2.5 years in the job.

Imho he lucked out with the hat-trick of:
1. Economic crap from Covid.
2. Chaos under Johnson.
3. Putin trying to destroy western Europe, energy prices.

Other than tackling antisemites, he’s really just had to stand there, as own goals are scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here