Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in England

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
things I love- The sport and sporting events, the rural areas

things I hate - the overcrowded shit hole that the south east is becoming, full of chavs and scroungers.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Worst - The workshy scum who are happy to leech of the state.

Best - The geography - never too far from the sea, the downs, pennines, cotswolds, lakes, moors etc etc

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Worst: Too many immigrants; road congestion.
Best: The English countryside, where, incidentally you see very few immigrants.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Having lived in Germany for the last 9 years..
Best: Pubs and proper supermarkets, bacon!!
Worst: Trouble on streets in evenings, public transport

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I go the Nibble route. My girlfriend marvels at the sheer number of trees everywhere, even in the cities. She's had 20 years in Madrid before so i imagine the smallest of orchards would have been antidote to that desertous steamy place. Still, i love to never have to walk more than a mile to come across a park filled with moorhens and swans and even deer. It's beautiful.
The worst was drilled into me walking home a short while ago and reading how the Tories were looking to change their message of Strivers V Skivers as they'd be likely seen as the Nasty Party again. Some of the quotes by Cameron making out all those out of work were ALL desperate thieves and layabouts made me want to set him completely alight. And after yesterday's decision to look to even the load between the rich and the poor when fighting to cut the deficit - which spastically means if you raise taxes on the rich then the poor should get less also or it's just not fair - it all signified what a heinous government we have in, a mixture of the imcompassionate glazed in avarice and the cowardly libdem boil a benign smear of ugliness. They honestly make me sick with rage when i read of their commentary and whimpers.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Living our democracy is the best thing, the worst is being governed by one not formed by democracy

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Best,... a summers day, village cricket, country pub, pint of bitter.

Worst,... driving anywhere.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Living our democracy is the best thing, the worst is being governed by one not formed by democracy
but but but,..... x number of seats, added to y number of seats, beats z number of seats,.... nothing new there, democracy at work, you should try it sometime.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Best - probably everything that the Daily Mail doesn't like.

Worst - people who feel the need to print the rubbish that is read in the Daily Mail

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Best: The humour. The music (breadth and quality). Tolerance. Fantastic countryside and some great cities. Variety of food and drink. Generosity and community where it is found. Sport. Art and culture. History. Health service and welfare system. Faith. Democracy and public service. God bless the Queen Mum.

Worst: Weather. Privatisation. Litter. Junk food culture. Those annoying little plastic things of milk. Boorishness. Whelks.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Best - Traditions and Countryside
Worst- we are letting the Tories destroy this country again.

Oh, please. The last Labour Government did that. This Government is just trying to tidy up their mess, but it's very difficult, because the problems left by the last Government are so bad.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Best - sport, history, tradition, knowing that once upon a time our little island ruled a third of the planet

Worst - free loaders, spongers, scroungers, non-contributors (both English and immigrants). Having the 3rd of the planet that we once ruled all decide to come and live here.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Best - probably everything that the Daily Mail doesn't like.

Worst - people who feel the need to print the rubbish that is read in the Daily Mail

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Best. sitting down and looking across the view from the devils dyke.
Worst. Guardian readers who think that everything in that paper is gospel and belittle everybody else who doesn't share their views. Also the same people who dismiss the mess labour left this country in.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Worst. Guardian readers who think that everything in that paper is gospel and belittle everybody else who doesn't share their views. Also the same people who dismiss the mess labour left this country in.

You know DavidinSouthampton then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here