Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* Liverpools most FAMOUS fan *

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
esus Christ he can't even write about f***ing beer which he's supposed to know all about without loads of people posting what shit he's talking. .
In most cases I proved that what I said was in fact correct.

I would repeat I just contested that John Peel is not or was not the most famous Liverpool supporter and even his most ardent fans couldn't argue that he was irrespective of his ability I am talking of him being well known to the most people. I still think that I am right.

If it offends people I am sorry.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Radio One was always referred to as Radio Mong so to be a DJ that never got offered a spot on a prime listening time is not a very good recommendation.

I am sure that you are aware of prime times as per advertising rates on commercial radio stations TLO.

Point of order here - he was asked to take on a number of daytime shows (and to change his playlist to the more mediocre 'porridge' that was staple radion 1). They trialled him on the lunchtime show and the afternoon show - both of which he refused to change the eclectic and varied tastes that cover everything from Rachmaninov to undertones or Roy orbison to the Sex Pistols as well as any one of the hundreds of new music tapes he was sent each week.

Any reason why he didnt get a daytime show permanently was more down to his decisions and choices rather than the producers not wanting him to.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
oasis.jpg

Thread Closed :mad:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That maybe so but he is in my opinion still not the most famous Liverpool supporter, the title of the thread.

You have made a number of assertions on here and all I'm saying is that (at least one of them) is wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit to having never listened to him on the radio to any great degree, due to working mainly and the time he was on the radio; and also not wanting to hear obscure unheard of bands etc so you are probably right but he is still nowhere near to being Liverpool's most famous supporter.

To use a TV Quiz game quote " We asked 100 people to name 5 Radio DJs " he wouldn't be one of the 5 I wouldn't think and would be very surprised if he was.

Last edited:

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Snoop Dogg?

PHOTO_13930028_173471_30771252_ap.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here