Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* Liverpools most FAMOUS fan *

daniel_craig_bond.jpg

This chap? (Daniel Craig, not James Bond)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not really commenting on his choice of music just stating that he is far from being Liverpool's most famous supporter as was suggested.

Actually you suggested that his fame would not stand the test of time. I would suggest however that people will be talking about John Peel long after People have forgotten about Tony Blackburn. Beacause he has a more profound influence on music culture.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone else notice a lack of fit, sexy and desirable mickeys? Not one attribute alone, bit all together. Is it possible?

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Actually you suggested that his fame would not stand the test of time. I would suggest however that people will be talking about John Peel long after People have forgotten about Tony Blackburn. Beacause he has a more profound influence on music culture.

Possibly because he sadly died and Tony Blackburn is still a sought after radio presenter that remains to be seen. He will be remembered by his followers but I am not sure about the majority of people.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Anyone else notice a lack of fit, sexy and desirable mickeys? Not one attribute alone, bit all together. Is it possible?

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

celebrityoops.jpg

???

Calm down calm down, we all know actual scousers are all everton fans, you ought to be looking more south for reds fans :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How can John Peel be compared to Tony Blackburn.
I mean, he never won 'I`m a celebrity.... get me out of here' ! did he ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Image on the side of the Prince Albert.
Stage at Glastonbury.
Mentions in countless songs.
Mentions of gratitude and appreciation from many bands.

All hail Tony Blackburn. Oh, hang on a mo...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oooh, I do hope he's going to appear on the pitch before the game and amuse us all with his hilarious Nazi uniform and topical jokes about the Germans.

Oi...they bombed our chip shops you know

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Image on the side of the Prince Albert.
Stage at Glastonbury.
Mentions in countless songs.
Mentions of gratitude and appreciation from many bands.

All hail Tony Blackburn. Oh, hang on a mo...

Not to mentioned printed on records and cd which will be passed down through generations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Peel_sessions

PS ..... I never realised there were so many
The man is immortal.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I only knew him as a late night DJ on radio 1 who did the death hour spot and was never good enough to be considered for a prime time spot. He was always in the shadow of the likes of Tony Blackburn Johnnie Walker etc. As you say his fame will last for a century so I asked my sons about him the 40 year old had heard of him but didn't rate him very highly said all he ever played was unknown bands, the youngest a mere 36 asked who he played for and when I explained he was a DJ he replied Never heard of him.

As they say each to his own!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
John Peel is a radio God as far as I'm concerned. Left us far far too early. To mention Tony bloody Blackburn in the same breath is like comparing Georgie Best to Jamie Moralee.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
f***ing hell, BG annoys the f*** out of me when he parades his football ignorance but now turning his stupidity to John Peel is just too f***ing much.. Jesus Christ he can't even write about f***ing beer which he's supposed to know all about without loads of people posting what shit he's talking. I don't believe I've seen a single comment from him on any subject that hasn't been JUST PLAIN f***ing wrong. Tony Blackburn > John Peel. Idiot. The first person on my ignore list.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Fit fans??

Wosniaki:

article-1298572481723-0D57ED3B000005DC-2668_466x310.jpg

Kirsty Gallagher:

KirstyGallacher.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here