Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Right, well I have looked at trains, planes and automobiles and it's not looking too good on the pocket,

Virgin Trains £74.20 return from London, all cheap tickets have gone.
London - Midland £30.00 return on Great Escape Getaway but you will never get home.
Flights - Looked everywhere and there is nothing.

I was thinking (my boss once told me youre not paid to think) if there was enough intrest would the club either charter a train or planes. I reckon I would pay up to £100 for a flight from Gatwick just for the convenience of it all.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Seems to me there are simply two options, drive or jump on a club coach.

You simply can't get a train back at that time and there are no flights available.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Planning on driving personally, doubt I'll have too much of a problem getting another 2 to jump in with myself + 1 to share the fuel etc, probably around £80-£90 split 4 ways, or 3 seeing as I'm doing all of the driving :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There should be the usual coaches remember from Brighton. Too short notice to charter a train/plane as it needs to fit in with everything else and needs to be planned way in advance. Always the option of staying in a hotel sunday night and travelling back Monday.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
In 91 the club ran a seagulls special train from Hove direct to a royal mail postal depot in Liverpool where they had double decker buses on hand to take us to Anfield.

No idea the logistics behind chartering a train or whether it's even possible these days. Might be worth asking the club??

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Looks like it would have to be a coach and I don't fancy that.
I have a feeling a lot of fans will feel the same

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I know train is a lot more than a coach, but I cant do 5 hours on a coach - may as well ask the club if they can look into hiring a train - its a Sunday so there should be a few spare coaches around. I know Virgin charter out their trains along their route, but not down as far as Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train for me and back around 0030 in Shoreham

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Looks like it would have to be a coach and I don't fancy that.
I have a feeling a lot of fans will feel the same
I'm with you on that, really don't fancy a coach. Might look into a mini bus and drive, cost divided by say 12 / 15, paying a driver say £100.

Still wouldn't mind the club chartering a couple of planes if possible. Looked at charters from Shoreham Airport but they are just silly prices.

Who would it be best to talk to at the club, plane with players and supporters it worked going to Portugal, pre season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here