Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If there was a chartered flight would people use it and what would people be prepared to pay?

Last would Seagulls Travel / The Club arrange such a thing?

just for information, A mate of mine at FC United looked into chartering a train for last seasons match, he was quoted about £25,000 all in, the capacity was about 550, so that works out at about £45 a head, I don't really know any more details than that i'm afraid

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
some people saying you can, some people saying you can't get a train back, (to the seaside?) that night.
anyone fancy saving me half an hour looking at train websites and elaborating?:)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
some people saying you can, some people saying you can't get a train back, (to the seaside?) that night.
anyone fancy saving me half an hour looking at train websites and elaborating?:)

You can get a train back, there's a Virgin train to London at 19:48 that gets you in at 22:27 which should be just enough time to make trains back to the coast. However, you can't use the cheap London Midlands fair which is £15 return from London, the Virgin train is more like £70.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
You can get a train back, there's a Virgin train to London at 19:48 that gets you in at 22:27 which should be just enough time to make trains back to the coast. However, you can't use the cheap London Midlands fair which is £15 return from London, the Virgin train is more like £70.

What station is that from in Liverpool.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
:thumbsup:oooh, nasty, is starting to look pricey, b&b is looking favoured option.
cheers for that tho', those train websites do my head in!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i am looking into driving there and back the same day, if anyone is interested in sharing the driving/fuel costs let me know

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last train times from London on the Sunday -

Gatwick, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath and Brighton - 01.00 from London Victoria
Lewes and Eastbourne - 22.47 from London Victoria
Littlehampton - 21.47 from London Victoria (Bus to/from Angmering)
Burgess Hill, Hove, Shoreham and Worthing - 23.17 from London Victoria
Horsham via Redhill and Crawley - 23.02 from London Victoria

Virgin trains from Liverpool leave at 48 mins past the hour and generally take just over 2 and a half hours to get to Euston. Hope that helps. If a train did actually happen to be chartered, i would probably use that, if not then id just use the coach.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Last train times from London on the Sunday -

Gatwick, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath and Brighton - 01.00 from London Victoria
Lewes and Eastbourne - 22.47 from London Victoria
Littlehampton - 21.47 from London Victoria (Bus to/from Angmering)
Burgess Hill, Hove, Shoreham and Worthing - 23.17 from London Victoria

Virgin trains from Liverpool leave at 48 mins past the hour and generally take just over 2 and a half hours to get to Euston. Hope that helps.

good work hawk. prices?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Brighton to Liverpool return - Adult - £93, Railcard - £62, Kids - £46.95

Will generally be around those prices, would say look for Advances must most are gone now - do check online though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here