Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I will be picking up at Pease Pottage if that's any good to you?

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Not me

Him
Travelling from Crawley - hoping that one of my mates is going to do a minibus but if not I have had a look at National Express, I looked for those going from Brighton and coach leaves at 05.42 and arrives at 13.25 so you are on the coach quite a while but it has toilets and there are plenty of stops, no refreshments onboard so you can take your own and it doesn't say on the website that you cannot take alcohol. This would give you plenty of time to get from the coach station to the ground, eat and have a few drinks. (The next coach gets there a bit too late not arriving til 16.10). Now coming back is a slight problem as you have two options - a 23.40 departure which means you can have an evening out in Liverpool and sleep on the coach which doesn't get you back till nearly 9am the next morning so a day off work required or book into some cheap digs (or expensive if you can afford it!) and get a coach back the next day (there are various departure times from 0700) again requiring a day off work. If you come back the same day it's about £42 return and if you come back the next day it's about £46 return. Long journey times but if you are on a budget like me quite cheap! don't know if that helps anyone or not but thought I would offer the information.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I realise it was a few years ago but do you remember roughly where you parked?

I've just looked at Google maps to remind me, and I think we turned north up the A5058 from the M62, then went toward Anfield on the West Derby Road (A5049). We parked up on the W Derby Road as close as we could, and had about a 20min walk to the stadium. This was actually a good location as it was easy to get back out onto the A5058 and back to the M62. I think I got the info. about parking from a Liverpool forum at the time.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I've just looked at Google maps to remind me, and I think we turned north up the A5058 from the M62, then went toward Anfield on the West Derby Road (A5049). We parked up on the W Derby Road as close as we could, and had about a 20min walk to the stadium. This was actually a good location as it was easy to get back out onto the A5058 and back to the M62. I think I got the info. about parking from a Liverpool forum at the time.

That's great, thanks very much

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's great, thanks very much

HOLD THAT ADVICE!!!

I got my bearings a bit wrong. We did go up the A5058, but instead of coming off on the W Derby Road (A5049), we went a bit further up and turned right into Utting Avenue. This image is pretty much where we parked:

Screen Shot 2012-02-07 at 15.20.18.png

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Is the train even possible if going on that London Midland great escape thing? I'm not sure of the station to leave from but from Liverpool lime street the last London Midland train goes at 19:52 getting into Euston at 23:49 which means all the last trains back to BTN would of gone. Frustrating.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last train from London to Brighton leaves Victoria at 1AM, so you would probably make it - does the 19.52 have a LM connection to London though ?

EDIT - There isnt a London Midland train from Liverpool at 19.52 - its an East Midlands Trains service to Manchester, changing there for a Virgin Train to London, last London Midland is 18.34.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here