Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
is there actuallyanyone driving up and back in the same day?

Thinking about it. Did it in 2008 when Havant&Waterlooville played there in the 4th round, and it was fairly easy, got back at 10pm from a 3pm ko. Parking around the stadium is pretty easy.

Pro's
Cheaper for a group of you
Quicker than a coach
Flexible and leave when you want to

Con's
Can't drink

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Thinking about it. Did it in 2008 when Havant&Waterlooville played there in the 4th round, and it was fairly easy, got back at 10pm from a 3pm ko. Parking around the stadium is pretty easy.

Pro's
Cheaper for a group of you
Quicker than a coach
Flexible and leave when you want to

Con's
Can't drink

Not worried about the drinking, just need to find enough people to fill my car

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Going to drive up from Durrington on Saturday and back Monday morning. 2spaces available for fuel share? PM if interested.
Have booked into the Adelphi for a couple of nights. £152 for me and missus for 2 nights. Not bad?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Going to drive up from Durrington on Saturday and back Monday morning. 2spaces available for fuel share? PM if interested.
Have booked into the Adelphi for a couple of nights. £152 for me and missus for 2 nights. Not bad?!

Adelphi is an absolute hole, can you cancel?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can anyone say why the Great Escape deal is not being taken up? I can;t understand why people aren't using it and missed out on initial discussion...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And i am wrong i think, 48 minutes past are Virgin trains - cant remember the London Midland times now, i know some are using the offer up to Liverpool, then either staying the night or getting another single home. Or are just risking it on the 1948 back to London.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The 18.34 is the last train with a connection to London (changing at Crewe) seeing as the match probably wont finish til 6.30 - theres near enough no chance of getting it.

48 minutes past the hour trains are operated by Virgin, Great Escape tickets arent accepted.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
And i am wrong i think, 48 minutes past are Virgin trains - cant remember the London Midland times now, i know some are using the offer up to Liverpool, then either staying the night or getting another single home. Or are just risking it on the 1948 back to London.

I believe earlier in the day the 48 is a Midland one.

Annoyingly if you stay overnight you can't use the Great Escape either, as it ends on the 19th.

So is the 6:48 the last train on that day elligible for this deal?

Yep, 6:48 is the latest you can go. Unless you can teleport to Lime Street you won't make it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The 18.34 is the last train with a connection to London (changing at Crewe) seeing as the match probably wont finish til 6.30 - theres near enough no chance of getting it.

48 minutes past the hour trains are operated by Virgin, Great Escape tickets arent accepted.

Sorry if I'm being thick (I am) but where are you getting that information? The London Midland site comes up trains at 48 past every hour till 8pm then one at 19:52 and 21:34.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I believe earlier in the day the 48 is a Midland one.

Annoyingly if you stay overnight you can't use the Great Escape either, as it ends on the 19th.

Yep, 6:48 is the latest you can go. Unless you can teleport to Lime Street you won't make it.

Or leave early!!

Eugh, that is rubbish. Singles are £50 so £65 on trains just there and back from London.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry if I'm being thick (I am) but where are you getting that information? The London Midland site comes up trains at 48 past every hour till 8pm then one at 19:52 and 21:34.

I think what the London Midland site, similar to Southern in that regard is doing, is when you do I search for a route, they give you all the possible services, not just their own - a normal ticket purchased through them will be usable on other operators unless, like in the case of the great escape offer, you are restricted to just their own services.

Oct 25, 2003
it's hard to find fault with midland- it is a brilliant offer........but obviously with deals like that you are restricted to what you can do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here