Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Join the Seagull Travel convoy to Anfield!
- Book soon to avoid disappointment

Coach travel to the FA Cup 5th Round tie away game against
Liverpool FC on Sunday 19/02/12 16:30pm Kick Off.

Seagull Travel welcome both new and existing travel customers to experience this great FA Cup tie and travel to the doorsteps of Anfield.

Using our experience of running a large network of pick ups for our home travel service to the Amex, we have designed our routes to Anfield to satisfy our customers across Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey and Kent.

The network for this game covers over 60 pick up locations and is designed to allow for a pick up location closer to your home and thus reducing the demand which will be placed upon Withdean.

Those customers selecting Withdean as their pick up location must be aware that car parking spaces will be limited due to a number of coaches passing through this location.

Please note that Seagull Travel are proud partners of Albion In The Community. To show our commitment to giving something back to the club we are pleased to be making a donation of £1 for every Away seat sold.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Yeah I think I'm being drawn more towards the coach now. I know they make it clear they pick up from various locations, but I assume they also drop off to the same places?

Yepp same place, and their's pickup spots all over sussex - about 60 different venues at a quick estimate for this game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The game isn't going to finish until 18.20 at the earliest add on 7 or 8 minutes stoppage time (both halfs) and 10 minutes just to get out off the ground followed by a 25 minutes bus ride back to Lime Street so if you're waiting half an hour to board the buses it will be touch and go getting the last train.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yepp same place, and their's pickup spots all over sussex - about 60 different venues at a quick estimate for this game

Yeah it's very good. Just need to ring them up and check something as I'll be getting the Coach in Brighton and he'll be getting it from Bexhill, wanna make sure I can get on the same coach as him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What I would have done (note the conditional) is gone to Stafford Car Hire, hired a 15-seater minibus (they don't have speed limiters - 17-seaters do) on a weekend rate, made sure it was full, and drive there and back.

Cost of hire plus fuel - about £21 per person.

DanielT

The game isn't going to finish until 18.20 at the earliest add on 7 or 8 minutes stoppage time (both halfs) and 10 minutes just to get out off the ground followed by a 25 minutes bus ride back to Lime Street so if you're waiting half an hour to board the buses it will be touch and go getting the last train.

47 mins to walk it (according to google maps)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah it's very good. Just need to ring them up and check something as I'll be getting the Coach in Brighton and he'll be getting it from Bexhill, wanna make sure I can get on the same coach as him.

Surely if the coach is full from Bexhill or fills up in Eastbourne it won't go into Brighton

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surely if the coach is full from Bexhill or fills up in Eastbourne it won't go into Brighton

That's why I'm gonna ring 'em up and check to see. I imagine you're right though, in which case I'll probably stay at his house and join the coaches with him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Being lazy, is there a number for the costa express

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Just booked the 19:48 Virgin Trains. Advance first class fares are still avaliable for £32 with railcard, £49 without.
Coupled this with the £9 great escape and a £13 travelcard.
£54 :(

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Just booked the 19:48 Virgin Trains. Advance first class fares are still avaliable for £32 with railcard, £49 without.

What railcard do you have?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Do you have the timings on that? Coaches expect to be back about 1am I think, unless you're not going from Brighton of course.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Do you have the timings on that? Coaches expect to be back about 1am I think, unless you're not going from Brighton of course.

There are many options getting up there and I havent decided on that yet.
Getting back at about half midnight to Lancing
Most expensive train ticket I have ever brought :(

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There are many options getting up there and I havent decided on that yet.
Getting back at about half midnight to Lancing
Most expensive train ticket I have ever brought :(

You're lucky, try visiting a girlfriend in Nottingham every other weekend. That added up pretty fast.

I still can't decide between train and coach. The timings both ways look very similar, and the coach is a fair bit cheaper.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Are you aware your 16-25 railcard won't work with the Great Escape part?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The Great Escape
"Railcard holders get an even better deal at just £9.90 (or £16.50 for first class)."

Think it's a different type of railcard they're talking about. Could be wrong though I thought the same as you at first. :down:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
is there actuallyanyone driving up and back in the same day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here