Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool tickets taking time to announce .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will Liverpool sell 41,500 home tickets for this one? I'm not convinced.

It depends - week later is Wembley but with every home game in the league sold (inc Wigan) sold out months ago it give people who usually wouldn#t stand a chance, a chance to go.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The fact it is taking a bit of time to announce makes me think that we are trying hard to negotiate cheaper tickets

Or over our allocation... What else can be the problem

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Southampton?

The rest of what you right is valid and correct however.

I wasn't in the country to oversee things for that one, so it doesn't count.

Crashing the system because of overload should not happen these days.

Most major and minor sites run by ecommerce software "rent" spare space from the like of Amazon for example, so when their system get under pressure, the system uses spare capacity elsewhere.... or something like that.

I think that as well, but I mentioned it on here before and was shouted down by people with considerably more IT knowledge than me.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
The fact it is taking a bit of time to announce makes me think that we are trying hard to negotiate cheaper tickets

Or over our allocation... What else can be the problem

Liverpools ticket office are notoriously disorganised, they are currently selling for the Carling Cup final and also Man United away over the weekend which are arguably two of our biggest games, and also the game on Monday v Tottenham. Obviously I've got no inside knowledge to know for definite, but I would assume that thats whats delaying the Brighton sale, as opposed to anything else....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Crashing the system because of overload should not happen these days.

Most major and minor sites run by ecommerce software "rent" spare space from the like of Amazon for example, so when their system get under pressure, the system uses spare capacity elsewhere.... or something like that.

Transactional software doesn't really work like that, you have to consider inventory, session affinity blah blah........ I will now BORE off

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Liverpools ticket office are notoriously disorganised, they are currently selling for the Carling Cup final and also Man United away over the weekend which are arguably two of our biggest games, and also the game on Monday v Tottenham. Obviously I've got no inside knowledge to know for definite, but I would assume that thats whats delaying the Brighton sale, as opposed to anything else....

Do you think you will sell out against us?

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
Do you think you will sell out against us?

Tough to say...

reasons why we would - tickets should be cheaper than normal, good buzz around club at the moment, loyalty system meaning if you buy a ticket for this game, you get one for the next and so on...

reasons why we wouldnt - sunday late kick off, wembley the following week, lower league opposition with all due respect

I'm gonna say we will come close to selling out, whether its an official sellout I dont know, but itll be 40000ish I reckon

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With the wonders of modern technology it wouldn't be difficult for a club official to send a tweet "No ticket news yet because we are still waitng for prices/allocation details from Liverpool" or "No ticket details yet, agreeing prority levels" etc

Then we will all know what is going on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1250+ from Sunday at 5pm online.

In person from Monday at 10am.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
be very suprised if we sell more than 3000,even if they are 25 quid

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Ticket announcement due imminently, according to a mate who has just been into the club shop (Queens Road). We should expect 10% of the capacity.

Why not the FA defined allowance of 15% for FA Cup games. Then give some time to see how sales progress, then release back to the home club what we do not seem to require, easy to sell to local fans.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I cannot believe people STILL do not understand this. 16,000 people DO NOT WANT TO GO TO LIVERPOOL!!!! Even if it was Saturday 3pm and the tickets were FREE, we would still only take about 7000. For whatever reason, MOST fans, do not go to away games.

I didn't say 16,000 people want to go to Liverpool

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why not the FA defined allowance of 15% for FA Cup games. Then give some time to see how sales progress, then release back to the home club what we do not seem to require, easy to sell to local fans.

We probably haven't requested 15%. Why would we? We aren't going to sell 7000 tickets. We'll be lucky to sell 3000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here