Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool tickets taking time to announce .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I cannot believe people STILL do not understand this. 16,000 people DO NOT WANT TO GO TO LIVERPOOL!!!! Even if it was Saturday 3pm and the tickets were FREE, we would still only take about 7000. For whatever reason, MOST fans, do not go to away games.

We will not take more than 4,000 to this game, it is too much of a hassle and too expensive on the trains. We'll take 3,000 ish I reckon, possibly even less.

We've sold out an away allocation ONCE this season, and that was to our local rivals when we only had 2700 tickets. We didn't even sell out at our next local rivals, which was the first away game of the season and on a Saturday.

Why the hell would we sell out a massive allocation at a club 270 miles away, on a Sunday at 4.30pm, when it costs £90 on the train and if you drive you wont get home until 11.30pm at the earliest, so it really isn't suitable for kids?

Why?

I hope the club don't ask for the full 15% allocation. I'd much rather go to a sold out Anfiled with 3,000 Albion than an Anfield with 3,000 Albion and 3,000 empty seats in the away end.
This. I would like to continue your rant, but you've done too well on your own.

Wont go on sale with just over 4 hours notice as they would probably have quite a few people complaining. Sunday 5PM is looking very likely and id expect they would drop the point limit each day.
Quite a few people complaining about what for f***'s sake?!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It should be 50+ straight away. No hope in hell in selling 6k tickets for a 1630 Sunday KO

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hope not, cant see them going on sale today now - ill hazard a guess at an announcement today and on sale for 1000 + points on Sunday 5PM online, then Monday Amex and Phone.

Actually, first lot will be 1250 points plus, then 1000, then 100, then 50 - cant see any being left after that.

start of with 1000 then anyone purchase history I would say.

I think it could be 1000 + max cup matches points this season

It should be 50+ straight away. No hope in hell in selling 6k tickets for a 1630 Sunday KO

You lot, read this!

One of the reasons for phasing the issue of tickets is to ensure that the booking system isn't overwhelmed. If 7,000 fans chase tickets at the same time, the on-line system will crash, the phone lines will be jammed and the queues at the ticket office will take hours to deal with.

Letting tickets flow in dribs and drabs helps everyone.

If friends/family have different loyalty points and want to sit together, just be patient.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

That would probably crash the system as everyone would be logging on at once.

All they need to do is say 1250 points to appease all the Withdean STH's. Give them 3 days. Then 1000+, give them 3 days. Then everyone with a purchase history, up until a few days before the game.

Hopefully the club will get it right this time.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think 40 would be the minimum, thats basically the 2 FA Cup games so far - any lower and i can see people who dont usually go to Brighton games wanting tickets "because its a big club".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've sold out an away allocation ONCE this season, and that was to our local rivals when we only had 2700 tickets. We didn't even sell out at our next local rivals, which was the first away game of the season and on a Saturday.

Southampton?

The rest of what you right is valid and correct however.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That would probably crash the system as everyone would be logging on at once.

All they need to do is say 1250 points to appease all the Withdean STH's. Give them 3 days. Then 1000+, give them 3 days. Then everyone with a purchase history, up until a few days before the game.

Hopefully the club will get it right this time.
Crashing the system because of overload should not happen these days.

Most major and minor sites run by ecommerce software "rent" spare space from the like of Amazon for example, so when their system get under pressure, the system uses spare capacity elsewhere.... or something like that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Will Liverpool sell 41,500 home tickets for this one? I'm not convinced.

Depends on the price. They may look at the game, the time, the day and the fact its on the box and bang them out at £20 or whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here