Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Harry Kane, Bruno Fernandes, Salah, De Bruyne, van Dijk, Aguero and so on...

Haha you named 6 players out of 6 teams with squads combined of over 150 do grow up.

I don't go to watch these players I go to watch my players sit them on their arses

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If any are stupid enough to have gambled on building stadiums or training grounds on future TV monies they may or may not get can disagree all they want

I’m sure they will disagree, that’s why I find it highly unlikely they will kick out the 6 for all the chattering.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Isn't this the clubs posturing so that UEFA can offer a "compromise" that is better for the clubs than the currently planned one and then everyone can agree and get back to counting their money?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tony is one of them.

Really? When he committed that money in the Withdean days, he was reliant on TV money that he did not even know the value of?

I reckon Tony Bloom would be much happier knowing he was getting less TV money, so he couldn't be bent over by Ali J, Locadia etc agents for huge salaries they wouldn't command in any other league

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So? SKY also won’t pay over the odds for a damaged good - if it ends up like that.

How about sponsors?

Overseas certainly won’t when the majority support Liverpool/United/Arsenal.

But they will be busy playing the Globe Trotting meaningless crap.

Why will it be damaged?

Having countries owning clubs done that. Yanks getting involved done that. Russian mafia money done that. Greed greed greed. They can **** off, bye bye

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Really? When he committed that money in the Withdean days, he was reliant on TV money that he did not even know the value of?

I reckon Tony Bloom would be much happier knowing he was getting less TV money, so he couldn't be bent over by Ali J, Locadia etc agents for huge salaries they wouldn't command in any other league

Why would he build a 30k stadium that wouldn't be full?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Haha you named 6 players out of 6 teams with squads combined of over 150 do grow up.

I don't go to watch these players I go to watch my players sit them on their arses

Well said. A proper football fan doesn’t give a shit about players from other clubs. Fawning around Messi or Kane and clapping Gerard when he warms up is not football support.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I named some of the best players in the world...

Well unfortunately nobody cares about why you (or any fans) go to watch matches.

I care and I'm somebody so you're wrong.

I and many others will help true football clubs prosper. The EPL need to grow some balls and show the door to these wankers. Refuse to do business with them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But they will be busy playing the Globe Trotting meaningless crap.

Why will it be damaged?

Having countries owning clubs done that. Yanks getting involved done that. Russian mafia money done that. Greed greed greed. They can **** off, bye bye

If you take the biggest Draw fan/viewer wise out of the league of course it’s damaged

Less viewers/less advertising/less sponsorship

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was thinking earlier about this. They could pass legislation. But it may take too long.

it would be a sad day when government start interfering with clubs and sport leagues, and against Fifa rules.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1384080698059853824[/tweet]

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I care and I'm somebody so you're wrong.

I and many others will help true football clubs prosper. The EPL need to grow some balls and show the door to these wankers. Refuse to do business with them.

You clearly cannot comprehend, so I will say it plain and simple;

The people behind this Super League do not care about you. They do not care about their own clubs fans. They only care about money. And Liverpool vs Juventus will get them more money than Liverpool vs Brighton.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
it would be a sad day when government start interfering with clubs and sport leagues, and against Fifa rules.

It depends on the context.

European Super League is a beautiful distraction for the government. Universal condemnation in the UK. Perfect opportunity to connect with working class voters. Win, win. Labour's response seemingly a tinny whine.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Potter completely sidestepped it in the press conference. Disappointing but understandable. Firstly, he can leave comment to the owner and CEO. Secondly, he is genuinely preparing for a forthcoming match and hasn’t just polished off his weekend’s work.

I’d bloody love to see players and managers pile in on what a fetid pile of dingoes’ kidneys this all is but I don’t get my wage from the game. I can appreciate them wanting to keep their heads down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You clearly cannot comprehend, so I will say it plain and simple;

The people behind this Super League do not care about you. They do not care about their own clubs fans. They only care about money. And Liverpool vs Juventus will get them more money than Liverpool vs Brighton.

They dont care about their own club full stop.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you take the biggest Draw fan/viewer wise out of the league of course it’s damaged

Less viewers/less advertising/less sponsorship

So Man Utd and Liverpool the others are nothing.

There's some very short memories around. There's some huge clubs left with more heritage, larger trophy cabinets, bigger fanbases than the rest. I'm sure they'll survive. Perhaps survive longer than Franchise Spud u like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here