Live Music 2013

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Esben & The Witch/ Teeth of The Sea/ Thought Forms at Sticky Mike's last night was overall probably my gig of the year. Thought Forms are ridculously underrated. Imagine if instead of recording Loveless, MBV had instead been influenced by Sleep & Earth. Doomgaze anyone?

Teeth of The Sea were the best band of the night. Just. The opener and closer from the new record as well as A.C.R.O.N.Y.M & the last track off the second record. Loud, together, perfect. Mark my words these guys are going places with this new album.

And my word Esben have come on in the 2 years or so since I've seen them. I caught them a fair bit between 2009-2011 and kind of lost interest truth be told, always promising but lacked a certain spark live. Last night was a revelation, they played as a 3 piece band with very little else going on. Daniel's a great drummer but it's still Rachel stealing the show with her effortlessly brilliant vocals.

Fook's sake, wish I'd known that was happening. Esben are ace. You lucky lucky.

Having massive problems with the new Parquet Courts song, considering ****ing off the Watford game to go to see them in London, or perhaps casting aside all my earthly possessions and pursuing them around the globe forever........

[yt]MzUMd9O-k3w[/yt]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Esben and The Witch are DJ s at The Hope where Islet are playing this Thursday. Islet recently did a Six Music session and sounded pretty good and worth a listen.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Tres excited about the HMHB gig at the ol' Concorde this coming friday. I still can't quite believe somebody got them to come all the way down here for a gig, quite honestly. Marvelous!

ps Any other Biscuiteers in da house headin' on down?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tres excited about the HMHB gig at the ol' Concorde this coming friday. I still can't quite believe somebody got them to come all the way down here for a gig, quite honestly. Marvelous!

Just as excited- I believe it was 1999 when the band last visited Brighton. Making sure I get there in plenty of time as its one of those 'early' shows that finish about ten!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Yep, flying back early from working away especially for the gig.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Going to see Radkey on Thursday; I've really liked what I've heard from them so far; Romance Dawn is in my Top 10 tracks of the Year.

In other news, The Would Be's have just put out their debut album (and a fine listen it is, too). Saw them at the Mean Fiddler 23 years ago!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Off to see Alter Bridge at the MEN next week. Their new album is their best yet and really looking forward to it.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Going to see Papa George and Zoot Money at the Ropetackle tonight.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Esben and The Witch are DJ s at The Hope where Islet are playing this Thursday. Islet recently did a Six Music session and sounded pretty good and worth a listen.

I've got a review ticket for tonight, I really like Islet, they were fantastic live when I saw them at Bestival a few years ago. Very underrated band

Haven't heard much of the new record yet mind you.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I've got a review ticket for tonight, I really like Islet, they were fantastic live when I saw them at Bestival a few years ago. Very underrated band

Haven't heard much of the new record yet mind you.

Just out of interest who do you write reviews for? I seem to remember you are covering Julia Holter too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here