Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Lovely Eggs tonight at West Hill Community Hall. Sold out so I think it's going to be a great gig.

Cracking venue. I took the wife to see Mark E Smith there one valentines night. I know how to show a girl a good time.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Coming up for me:

- Gram Parsons tribute night at the Green Door Store, Oct 13th - I LOVE the Rhino Complete Reprise session set
- Emma's Imagination at the Komedia, Nov 4th - gf's choice
- Neko Case at the C2, Dec 11th - always wanted to catch her live

It's great living in Brighton.

I'm looking forward to the Gram Parsons night.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Did anyone else catch Joe Bonamassa tonight? I'm running out of superlatives to describe his playing.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else catch Joe Bonamassa tonight? I'm running out of superlatives to describe his playing.

I was there. Simply stunning. My son and I were speechless. Staggering talent and what a backing band. ( and the bar service and prices at The Amex put The Brighton Centre to shame)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Lovely Eggs tonight at West Hill Community Hall. Sold out so I think it's going to be a great gig.

I failed to get back from Ipswich in time for this. Hope it was good- did see it was sold out so had resigned myself to missing it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I was there. Simply stunning. My son and I were speechless. Staggering talent and what a backing band. ( and the bar service and prices at The Amex put The Brighton Centre to shame)

I'm glad you had a good time despite the venue. It really is an utter cackhole with no redeeming features.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
If you're at a loose end on Monday, I can heartily recommend the Pictish Trail gig at the Hope. Here's a version of his "audience participation" number, "Not to Be", with the assistance of some ludicrous people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just added Midlake to my list, I now have 8 gigs from Oct 30th to Nov 30th.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always think that Autumn is the best time for gigs. The Summer for festivals and catch what you can the rest of the time.

Agree. I guess bands are done with the festival circuit and want to get out on their own. Certainly the case for new/smaller bands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Esben & The Witch/ Teeth of The Sea/ Thought Forms at Sticky Mike's last night was overall probably my gig of the year. Thought Forms are ridculously underrated. Imagine if instead of recording Loveless, MBV had instead been influenced by Sleep & Earth. Doomgaze anyone?

Teeth of The Sea were the best band of the night. Just. The opener and closer from the new record as well as A.C.R.O.N.Y.M & the last track off the second record. Loud, together, perfect. Mark my words these guys are going places with this new album.

And my word Esben have come on in the 2 years or so since I've seen them. I caught them a fair bit between 2009-2011 and kind of lost interest truth be told, always promising but lacked a certain spark live. Last night was a revelation, they played as a 3 piece band with very little else going on. Daniel's a great drummer but it's still Rachel stealing the show with her effortlessly brilliant vocals.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here