Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Interview with Jim Gannon - BBC Radio Manchester NOW

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think they should get Dean Wilkins in.

As for 4k a week. Am I right in thinking the post on your forums suggested that was too high a wage for County? I don't think its that high for a manager..

Well without commenting on that alleged figure, when you hear the mention of large 6 figure salaries in this division against the claim that clubs are in a financial mess.. well I loose a bit of sympathy to be honest.

Unless of course someone is bankrolling a club out of their own pocket, where it's perfectly up to them what they do with their money.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
what compo, no disrespect but we won't get anything really. they are on monthly rolling contracts so basically free agents

Didn't Gannon say a fee was written into the contract?

I presume this would be to give him the flexibility of a rolling contract but the club the security of compensation?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Sounds like a case for Fans United if you ask me.

Really sorry about the situation Lee, can cannot say how much it pisses me off. How many more clubs are going to get sharfted by uselss twats that dont give a shit. Some may not like big dick :)eek:) but at least he will not sell us down the drain. Well i hope not.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't Gannon say a fee was written into the contract?

I presume this would be to give him the flexibility of a rolling contract but the club the security of compensation?

I read it as a rolling contract for a year. A three year one was offered but he turned it down.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what compo, no disrespect but we won't get anything really. they are on monthly rolling contracts so basically free agents

shit. so if they leave all you get really is them off the wage bill and a cheap option replacement along the lines of a player/manager. your boards eyes must have lit up when they saw what yeovil had done. bastards.

sorry. thought at least you guys would come out of this with a financial plus

as a club who have been where you are you have all our sympathy I'm sure

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
if i understand it right. his contract is the 1 year one he first signed for us and has been monthly rolling since. they was supposed to give him a contract in november but they couldn't agree terms

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
who is the Stockport chariman and does he have a main business? Sorry i know very little about your club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is no way that JG is on £200k at County. The Albion's TOTAL wage bill last season, for player, management and all the support staff, was £3.5million. MA was on about £60k, before he was sacked last week, and he is far more experienced that JG.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
if i understand it right. his contract is the 1 year one he first signed for us and has been monthly rolling since. they was supposed to give him a contract in november but they couldn't agree terms

I just re-read the interview.

It says he is currently on year rolling contract - therefore his contract is "always" a year long.

He was offered another deal, but he turned it down and stayed on the original contract.

This was in November, so if anything has changed it's changed since then.

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
we are a trust owned club. our board is a few local small business men who took on more than they could handle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO we need to be wary of convincing Jim Gannon that he's some kind of manager hotshot. He's not all that. Needs slapping down a wee bit IMHO. The mere mention of his name on NSC has probably bumped his Google entries up by a factor of a hundred. Time for DK to drive a shrewd deal - cos all the usual managerial shortlist suspects are waiting in the wings.

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
I personally don't know what his contract or salary is, i am just telling you what a board member had stated on our message boards

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
they say they will sell part of the club but they still want a big share. i think basically they want some mug to put money in but the trust have a big say in things

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no way that JG is on £200k at County. The Albion's TOTAL wage bill last season, for player, management and all the support staff, was £3.5million. MA was on about £60k, before he was sacked last week, and he is far more experienced that JG.

Cannot believe that MA was on that wage as that is less than I was told Hart and Mayo are on and they took a 40% wage cut to resign

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here