Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Interview with Jim Gannon - BBC Radio Manchester NOW

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the poster who said he was on £60k a year forgot either a 1 or even a 2 in front of it. If you remember DK refused to give Hammond £250k per year which would have made him the equal highest paid player, with BZ in our history. Sure that they wouldnt have earnt 4 x MA wages.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Am I alone in really NOT wanting Gannon? He sounds very committed to Stockport and might come to us if he is pushed out of there by financial shit. Hardly the motivation we want.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would if he applied the same dedication to and commitment to us when he arrives.

It must be remembered that he doesnt come from Stockport, although his wife does, so he had no original affinity with the area and this only developed over a period of time of playing for them.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would if he applied the same dedication to and commitment to us when he arrives.

It must be remembered that he doesnt come from Stockport, although his wife does, so he had no original affinity with the area and this only developed over a period of time of playing for them.

Fair point. I would broadly agree.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was once forced to leave a job I loved because I thought I had little other choice, my position became 'untenable'.
Tried to show some enthusiasm for the new job but couldn't stop thinking about the last one.
After a couple of months, the old boss contacted me and explained how they were now in the mire and had come to agree with my opinion on how things should be organised.
He offered me a better position with more money(although I had not asked for this in the first place)to come back.
Started back next day, had a lot to sort out but was happy as a pig in sh*t.
In conclusion, people should be where they want to be to get the best results.
If out of the blue Stockport get a benefactor, he will be on the next train.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was once forced to leave a job I loved because I thought I had little other choice, my position became 'untenable'.
Tried to show some enthusiasm for the new job but couldn't stop thinking about the last one.
After a couple of months, the old boss contacted me and explained how they were now in the mire and had come to agree with my opinion on how things should be organised.
He offered me a better position with more money(although I had not asked for this in the first place)to come back.
Started back next day, had a lot to sort out but was happy as a pig in sh*t.
In conclusion, people should be where they want to be to get the best results.
If out of the blue Stockport get a benefactor, he will be on the next train.

That is what I am worried about. That his heart won't be in the job and that he has come to Brighton as grudgingly after accepting that it is in his best career interests to leave Stockport, whilst not really wanting to.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Am I alone in really NOT wanting Gannon? He sounds very committed to Stockport and might come to us if he is pushed out of there by financial shit. Hardly the motivation we want.

I would not say that I don't want him, because he MAY be good for us. However, with a CV no better than Dean Wilkins' it would appear to be a step backwards from the grand reasons given for Adams' return. Looks like a cheap option to me.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would not say that I don't want him, because he MAY be good for us. However, with a CV no better than Dean Wilkins' it would appear to be a step backwards from the grand reasons given for Adams' return. Looks like a cheap option to me.

Don't agree with you about the CV and cheap option.

However if he is a cheap option, maybe we can't afford any more?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There is no way that JG is on £200k at County. The Albion's TOTAL wage bill last season, for player, management and all the support staff, was £3.5million. MA was on about £60k, before he was sacked last week, and he is far more experienced that JG.

£60k your kiddin' right !!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Don't agree with you about the CV and cheap option.

However if he is a cheap option, maybe we can't afford any more?

Dean Wilkins turned around the mess lesft by Magoo in his first season, then got us to 7th in the League the next - after loads of hastle with players caused by Knight (so we were lead to believe). Jim Gannon's claim to fame appears to be getting a team promoted from the next league down via the playoffs (lottery!), and to 8th this year, again with Board/Chairman interferance.

Maybe we cannot afford any more, who knows? It does however look a step backwards from the aims expressed when Adams was appointed.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I admired Dean Wilkins - wonder how much humble pie has to be eaten to have him back in charge with Dean White? - we certainly palyed some better football and got a helluva lot better results than under McGhee's last season and under Micky Adams this time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here