Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Interview with Jim Gannon - BBC Radio Manchester NOW

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Any chance of a link to your board Lee?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Stockport fan here- Gannon is county through and through but as most of you probably know now our board have well and truely F**ked us up. And to top things off they have been giving details of his salary on the messages boards. Doubt Jim will be impressed by that, I wouldn't be. So i think Gannon could be yours next week.

Sounds like your board resemble ours from 12 years ago. None of us want to see you go through what we had to!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
what is your message board, i tried to find it earlier on.

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
not sure now mate. maybe it got deleted cos everyones kicking off about it. but is was said to 200k

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
they say he is on 4k a week. £200k a year...:ohmy:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
As we are supposed to be this touchy feely great club, am I the only one really uncomfortable about us tapping a manager of a club in dire straights?

Come along now granny, you know it's not called tapping up if Brighton & Hove albion are doing it,:rolleyes: (though god knows what would happen if the situation was reversed)
Seriously though after hearing his interviews etc. I really think he could be good for this club.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
After reading some of that I would actually feel guilty for taking him away from there, I have a feeling he maybe the only thing keeping them together. We can get another manager (probably not of the same quality mind) but who's going to take over the horrific job that is evidently Stockport at the mo. Is it as bad as it seems Lee?

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
Yea Da Man Clay, infact i reckon it is worse than it seems to you lot. Basically they have said that regardless of player sales etc. They say the fans need to raise 250k before may 18th. No chance of that so we may be non existant next season

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
After reading some of that I would actually feel guilty for taking him away from there, I have a feeling he maybe the only thing keeping them together. We can get another manager (probably not of the same quality mind) but who's going to take over the horrific job that is evidently Stockport at the mo. Is it as bad as it seems Lee?

I think they should get Dean Wilkins in.

As for 4k a week. Am I right in thinking the post on your forums suggested that was too high a wage for County? I don't think its that high for a manager..

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yea Da Man Clay, infact i reckon it is worse than it seems to you lot. Basically they have said that regardless of player sales etc. They say the fans need to raise 250k before may 18th. No chance of that so we may be non existant next season

Compensation for Gannon and Ward should do it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

unfortunately I think that is why they have been so public about this. They NEED gannon and ward to leave so they can get the compo

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
4k a week is a reasonable amount we think, but the trust say it is too much. It's only to much because they lost any money we had. We are well and truely stuffed, sale sharks take 30% of any transfers and a % of ticket sales

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I take it thats why you had to sell McNulty for big money (in league one terms)

leepoll

Feb 25, 2009
what compo, no disrespect but we won't get anything really. they are on monthly rolling contracts so basically free agents

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here