• f*** off Eddie, you Nige

Votes: 22 14.5%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
SussexSpur said:
Am no fan. A few characters were mildly amusing first off, but very quickly tedious and massively overrated. And the new ones look even worse - oh-so-wacky and 'controversial' (woman wets herself! MP on Hampstead Heath! David Walliams grinning goofily except in different wigs!) Am pre-judging, sure, and will no doubt amuse many, of course, but anyway...
Am currently enjoying The Thick Of It for current comedy needs and, er, the not-at-all crude and/or puerile Derek and Clive for classic comedy... (which, unlike Little Britain, does, well, give me the fuckin' 'orn... :clap: )

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Derek & Clive. f***ing class. Absolute top drawer.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
The first time I watched it, I thought it was quite funny. Then I watched the next episode and couldn't believe it was identical to the previous week's ! Incredible.......and they're getting paid good money for it :angry:

Biggest load of over hyped horse poo I've ever seen. Will probably pop out in the garden with a torch and watch the grass grow.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've been watching the re-runs this week, and was quite looking forward to this tonight.

I ain't laughed yet... very, very disappointed...

Should have killed it off after series two.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting comment about kids having nothing to compare it to above.

I remember when the Young Ones first transmitted and I thought it was quite possibly the funniest thing I had ever, ever seen.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
clapham_gull said:
I've been watching the re-runs this week, and was quite looking forward to this tonight.

I ain't laughed yet... very, very disappointed...

Should have killed it off after series two.

wot he said.

poor.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I really don’t get what is so great about Little Britain. It’s just the same stuff repeated every week with repetition of a catchphrase thrown in.

Personally I find The League of Gentlemen much more entertaining.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Made me laugh tonight.

Fat fighters :angry: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My only "titter" was the Tory MP sketch... but that would have funnier 7 0r 8 years ago (rather like Nathan Barley - inspired but WAY too late to cause a real impact)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fat Fighters was the highlight, but the rest of it was fairly piss-poor. I think its run its course.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Fat Fighters was the highlight, but the rest of it was fairly piss-poor. I think its run its course.

What he said, I'd go as far to say "f**cking rubbish" - would you stretch that far ?

The Vicky Pollard sketch had potential, but compared to the last series where she started speaking like a West Indian (and there are white girls in my road who do that ), it was very disappointing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hungry Joe said:
I think that's a fair assessment. Mind you, it never had me in stitches, I admired it more than found it hilarious.
Some of the sketches from the first couple of series were excellent. I liked the guy who fancied grannies, and the fella who goes into the shop asking for "a pirate based memory game suitable for 6-12 year olds"...that sort of stuff was great.

But tonights it just felt they're trying too hard, and just resorting to "shock" stuff. The woman pissing herself. People getting almost naked (3 sketches). Its just not quite coming off. I'll give it another go next week, but its looking past its sell-by already.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here