• I'd rather pick my nose with a penknife

Votes: 57 37.5%
  • f*** off Eddie, you Nige

Votes: 22 14.5%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought it was okay. I've always like it.

But 'tis true that it's not a patch on the likes of Blackadder.

I blame The Fast Show, another comedy which basically repeated the same gags every week. I'm probably in a minority of one, but never could get into that at all. But it's popularity was bound to spawn more shows along similar lines.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
trueblue said:

I blame The Fast Show, another comedy which basically repeated the same gags every week. I'm probably in a minority of one, but never could get into that at all. But it's popularity was bound to spawn more shows along similar lines.

Dad's Army relied on repeat gags (Do you think that's wise?; You stupid boy; We're doomed; Don't panic, don't panic) but it has a timelessness about it whereas Little Britain will be forgotten in a few years-especially if last night's offering is the standard.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bwian said:
Dad's Army relied on repeat gags (Do you think that's wise?; You stupid boy; We're doomed; Don't panic, don't panic) but it has a timelessness about it whereas Little Britain will be forgotten in a few years-especially if last night's offering is the standard.

Most comedy does the repeat stuff to some extent as it's the characters that are amusing. But Dad's Army did at least have a story. And, along with the likes of Blackadder, it still works because it's based in a historical setting and therefore CAN'T become dated.

Porridge holds it's own too as prisons (or at least our perceptions of them) haven't really changed much.

Fast Show, Little Britain et al rely on the repeat gags above all else.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
trueblue said:
Most comedy does the repeat stuff to some extent as it's the characters that are amusing. But Dad's Army did at least have a story. And, along with the likes of Blackadder, it still works because it's based in a historical setting and therefore CAN'T become dated.

Porridge holds it's own too as prisons (or at least our perceptions of them) haven't really changed much.

Fast Show, Little Britain et al rely on the repeat gags above all else.

also these rely on recent trands for many sketches as theytry to reflect current society

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
REDLAND said:
The OAP wetting herself in the supermarket was brilliant, I enjoyed it, all good stuff

I just don't see how anyone over the age of 9 could find that amusing.

Maybe in next weeks edition someone will say POO or BUM. Then we can all snigger like schoolchildren. Fantastic. :rolleyes:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, I thought that was rubbish.

I think I laughed once during the whole half hour and that was when Tom Baker announced that somebody lived in a town called 'Gash'.

Poor effort, won't be watching that again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
And Matt Lucas in that gay outfit just made me feel slightly queesy,

Rubbish, You just said that to distract the WIFE from the fact it gave you a STIFFY watching it

E

enigma

El Presidente said:
If you want to see something really funny watch Peep Show tonight on C4

That show is brilliant. Watched it for the first time last week, very funny.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
trueblue said:

But the Fast show was funny because it was completely original and it WAS actually funny in most parts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
indifferent. i like Little Britain, but some of the jokes are getting on a bit now. Lou was not funny the only gay in village stopped being funny last series (when it became apparent that he wasnt) and the Ladies never where funny.

Actually, thinking about it, Little Britian just isnt that great anymore.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I got bored half way through it, and didn't really pay much attention to the second part of the show. they only bits i found funny were the tom baker link up bits.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Wonder if it's a generation thing? I'm in my 60's and have watched most of the shows but not found it funny at all. Does not compare to Blackadder or Dad's Army, Porridge, Open all Hours or the Goon Show; aAnd if it's meant to be satirical well nothing beats That Was The Week That Was.

Still each to it's own. If you like it, enjoy.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It's total sh*te. end of.
Do those blokes really get paid a fortune for churning out the same load of old pants every week? Incredible.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
cant wait ,me.:D

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
thought tonights show was very poor and only had a couple of good bits in it:nono: :nono: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here