Votes: 57 37.5%
  • f*** off Eddie, you Nige

Votes: 22 14.5%

• Total voters

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I used to love Lucas and Walliams in Rock Profiles, which they did with Jamie Theakston back in the day. That was genuinely funny.

However for me the jury's still out on Little Britain. I like the Tom Baker voiceovers and the little things like Kelsey Grammar School and Robert Downey Junior School. But the sketches themselves are rarely very funny. In fact they're just getting more and more crass and gross-out style.

A couple of good ideas but they've padded it out with too much rubbish and sadly I think they're relying on the fact that characters like Vicky Pollard have taken off amongst schoolkids and office workers alike, to the point where they can just have her saying anything and they know people'll be repeating it the next day in the playground or round the water cooler.

Fair play to them though, they've got everyone eating out of their hands and I should imagine they've made a lot of money out of it too.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Bluejuice said:
I used to love Lucas and Walliams in Rock Profiles, which they did with Jamie Theakston back in the day. That was genuinely funny.

However for me the jury's still out on Little Britain. I like the Tom Baker voiceovers and the little things like Kelsey Grammar School and Robert Downey Junior School. But the sketches themselves are rarely very funny. In fact they're just getting more and more crass and gross-out style.

A couple of good ideas but they've padded it out with too much rubbish and sadly I think they're relying on the fact that characters like Vicky Pollard have taken off amongst schoolkids and office workers alike, to the point where they can just have her saying anything and they know people'll be repeating it the next day in the playground or round the water cooler.

Fair play to them though, they've got everyone eating out of their hands and I should imagine they've made a lot of money out of it too.

I loved rock profile. My sister's got it on dvd. Much much beter than Little Britain

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rock Profiles was class, genuinely funny. Little Britain is occasionally funny (and only very occasionally at that) but really just a rip off of much funnier and more intelligent programs such as League of Gentlemen and Fast Show.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its passed its sell by date. As they say in America it has jumped the Shark.

When Happy Days audience was flagging they had an episode where Fonzie jumped a shark on his bike....it was cancelled soon after....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think even Lucas or Walliams find it funny anymore, I can't imagine they'll need to work ever again after their tour and all the merchandising so they'll take it as far as they can.

Didn't bother last night.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
didnt bother, too repetative, just catch phrases for the playground.

I watched the test match highlights

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Taking ths piss out of

Gays
Blacks
Asians - Ting Tong is in fact a man !
Old people
Handicapped people

Who have I forgotten ???

The old lady who keeps pissing everywhere is a bit much. I am suprised the BBC in the political correctness allow it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was a great article in the Independant this week about LB....basically saying everything above.

What the reported suggested that when it first started there was a cross section of people it poked fun at...now it just seems to have a go at the vunerable ( single mother - Vicky Pollard) disabled Andy, fat people, old ladies

I watched last night and I didnt laugh as much as Worst Week of my Life,,,,,,,

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh yeah fat people

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
but it's so shit it's not offensive!

the reason it's so popular now is because when it first started there had been no other comedy sketch show on TV for ages (league of gentlemen doesn't count as it was aquired viewing). If it had come along at the same time as the fast show, trigger happy tv, the harry enfield thing then it probably would have bombed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here