Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little bands no one's ever heard of.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember Bis of 'Kandy Pop' (in)fame?

[yt]05xi1oTcy7w[/yt]

The first unsigned band to play on Top of the Pops, thanks to the show's producer Ric Blaxill.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
An important and very influential band that few have heard of, the Television Personalities.

Main man Dan Treacy is currently in a coma after a brain haemorrhage. Get well soon, Dan.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
An important and very influential band that few have heard of, the Television Personalities.

Main man Dan Treacy is currently in a coma after a brain haemorrhage. Get well soon, Dan.

Made some of the most spot-on observations about teenage life ever, especially in this:

[yt]_pKkOOQR7_o[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you like garage rock? Do you like Ramones influenced girl bands? Do you like great music? Look no further than Those Darlins

[yt]qkIPVXZ6V5c[/yt]

[yt]AxZw5cL8zuI[/yt]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good call on Shrag, Comet Gain and the Indelicates...

How about Veronica Falls? Here's a song about a local beauty spot:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The Indelicates. At least I don't think anyone's heard of them...

Difficult to pick one song as each track of both of their albums vary so much one to the other, but I like this one. Plenty more out there on YouTube or iTunes...

The Indelicates are my favourite band in the world since getting into them a couple of years ago. I went over to Munich to see them as they never really play Brighton (despite being Lewes based) and persuaded them to let me put them on locally. Speaking of which, they are playing a free gig at the Ranelagh in Kemp Town two weeks today (Fri 16th Dec). *nods*

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
MJ Hibbett.

From his website, where he writes about each gig he has played.....

I must be honest: I had a bloody WHALE of a time. I've not done a full on SINGALONG set for AGES but thought that people might be sufficiently TIDDLY to GO for it, and indeed they did. It was LOVELY - my favourite bit was when I mentioned former Peterborough United/current Brighton & Hove Albion HERO Craig Mackall Smith in 'Boom Shake The Room' and it prompted a chorus of the song Brighton sing for him! HOORAH!

[yt]naiJZWc_iDk[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here