Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little bands no one's ever heard of.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Dead By April is a rock band based in Sweden. I guess they must be well-known over there, but I don't know anyone who's heard of them really here in England. I heard one of their songs on the soundtrack for a Need For Speed game, and digging a little deeper, I uncovered a small treasure trove of songs that I for one now can't stop listening to. They're so under-the-radar that hardly any of their songs are on iTunes.

My Youtube vid links don't work, but if you're interested, Youtube search "Dead by April Dreaming" or "Dead by April Losing You" for a taster.

Last edited:

Dead By April is a rock band based in Sweden. I guess they must be well-known over there, but I don't know anyone who's heard of them really here in England. I heard one of their songs on the soundtrack for a Need For Speed game, and digging a little deeper, I uncovered a small treasure trove of songs that I for one now can't stop listening to. They're so under-the-radar that hardly any of their songs are on iTunes.

My Youtube vid links don't work, but if you're interested, Youtube search "Dead by April Dreaming" or "Dead by April Losing You" for a taster.

Sort of in the Evanescence vein
Anyway, allow me to assist;
[yt]_0SanVQhu-M[/yt]

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
This album came out a couple of months ago, to critical acclaim, only for it go to well below radar. If anyone is looking for a decent album on the cheap on iTunes, I think this was about a fiver. Very highly recommended.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
anyone remember a band called Gatecrash?

from the peacehaven area around 1980

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
About 20 years ago, I was championing these two. Shows what I know. In fact, having just taken a youtube trip down memory lane, I must dig out those CDs...

Haven't been gobby enough to post links yet but, if you're interested, you can search youtube under Horse you could be forgiven and Bliss I walk alone.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As ever, I must mention the wonderful Manchester based Durutti Column, the only Factory Label Band no-one has ever heard of.

They are Avant Garde Jazz Classical in case you were wondering.... :eek:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
As ever, I must mention the wonderful Manchester based Durutti Column, the only Factory Label Band no-one has ever heard of.

You've never met me or anyone that's ever been to my house then...

Fond memories of seeing them two nights running at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith in 1984, two of the rare times they ever played Without Mercy in its entirety live. They played a full-on heavy metal version of the Velvets' Sweet Jane as an encore. Totally out of character but was a privilege to see Vini unleashing all his inner demons...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I saw Joss Stone in London the other day, her second support group were pretty good! They're called Yes Sir Boss, I got a free EP on the way out :clap:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The lead singer looks a little like Joey Barton in that video :lolol:

A couple of their other songs that are worth mentioning: Desperation State and Never Know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here