Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

List of largest stands in the UK?

Oct 25, 2003
i'm well impressed by the forsyth barr stadium in dunedin that they're using for the RWC

file.php

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Straying off-topc yet further still..

st-james-park-2010_77049.jpg

Probably posted it up before, but this is what St James' Park would look like if they expanded so all four stands were the same height. Bit old now, as I'm sure you can tell. :lolol: Pretty cool though, would be like the English San Siro.

There were a few more people did at the time, including a similar one with Old Trafford.

That's very unlikely because of listed buildings behind the East Stand (small stand that the tv cameras face). There were plans to extend the Gallowgate end to the same height as the two big stands before Ashley bought the club, would look something like this:

sjp2004lum2.jpg

SJP is probably my favourite stadium......and i absolutely LOVE the metro station- it'd be great if we did something like that with falmer station.......used to live qutie nearby so the strawberry was basically my local....cracking pub decked out in all the football stuff (with a SIGNED picture of PHILLIPE ALBERT)

if there's a better location for a stadium i'm yet to see it. easy to get to from anywhere in the city and beyond, shit loads of good pubs within stumbling distance and you've got chinatown down the road for some decent/cheap food

I do love our stadium, some people dislike the way that it's lopsided but I love that personally. The Strawberry is a cracking pub like, rarely go in before games because of how packed it gets and head elsewhere, like you say though it's 5 minutes away from pretty much every pub in the city centre so it's all good!

Never been to the AMEX yet, definitely making a visit sometimes this season!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and bizrrely your pitch benefits from having air circulating across it rather than avoiding the pitch altogether as it would if the side was completed to be like the rest of SJP. Otherwise it would become a bit of a stagnant bog

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
You can't see the opposite stand from there. That's shit!

Yeah it was a bit of a joy kill but I was surrounded by proper Man U supporters who were singing and chanting away so that made up for it. 48 quid to sit there too but for a CL semi final right next to the away support Ill take it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here