Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

List of largest stands in the UK?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It has 4 levels, but levels 1 and 2 are in the same first tier.

found this to illustrate:
northstand6tn.jpg

Must have said Level 4 then. It was certainly a long way from the action!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
after we've built over brighton uni, sussex uni and the bypass?

actually to be fair, the nou camp is fairly wonky, i wonder if palace fans hold it in such disregard as they do the amex

Yeah , one the Uni fees kick in there wont be some many students so there will be an amalgamation. The train line and by pass will be integrated into the stadium redesign running through it at a subterranean level. :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So in terms of capacity the AMEX West Stand is the fourth largest in the whole of England? :clap:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Straying off-topc yet further still..

st-james-park-2010_77049.jpg

Probably posted it up before, but this is what St James' Park would look like if they expanded so all four stands were the same height. Bit old now, as I'm sure you can tell. :lolol: Pretty cool though, would be like the English San Siro.

There were a few more people did at the time, including a similar one with Old Trafford.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I was thinking the same. Probably would be in serious danger of caving in! I'd imagine they'd have no problem keeping the noise in though.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
very much this!!

athens_sanford1.jpg

stanford_stadium1.jpg

seriously...

austin_texas_memorial2.jpg

sorry but surely there has to be a point where you can actually see f-all... especially with all those foam fingers in your face.

Heres "The big House", Michigan's home stadium playing against Notre Dame this past weekend had 114k people in it

Michigan_Aerial.jpg

Penn state 110k
2.Beaver%2BStadium.jpg

Ohio State 110k
2159_THAM.JPG

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Have to say St James' is one of my favourite stadiums. Only been once (heavy defeat against barca if I remember correctly) but I sat in that stand and thought it was great. And close to the city centre.

Was it the friendly or the Champions League game?

The location of the ground is absolutely ideal like.

Oct 25, 2003
Was it the friendly or the Champions League game?

The location of the ground is absolutely ideal like.

SJP is probably my favourite stadium......and i absolutely LOVE the metro station- it'd be great if we did something like that with falmer station.......used to live qutie nearby so the strawberry was basically my local....cracking pub decked out in all the football stuff (with a SIGNED picture of PHILLIPE ALBERT)

if there's a better location for a stadium i'm yet to see it. easy to get to from anywhere in the city and beyond, shit loads of good pubs within stumbling distance and you've got chinatown down the road for some decent/cheap food

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the look of Rotherham's new ground. They've gone for the wonkey look too, the have just done it differently!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
cricket_MGC.jpg

not bad for a cricket ground - the G in Melbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here