Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lionel Messi

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Definitely worth getting in as cover for Kazenga.

Sign him up Tony.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Definitely worth getting in as cover for Kazenga.

Sign him up Tony.

Could do a job I suppose - although I'm only basing my judgement on radio commentary tonight :smile:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Still makes me laugh when people say Rooney is the world's best.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The kid's overrated. He's the classic example of the Amusement Arcade!

:thumbsup:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I hate Messi!! No doubt he is a class player, but does he really need to cheat that much? Like the rest of the Barca team, spends most of the game rolling on the floor, clutching his leg and face in agony, before quickly getting up to score! He is an extrememly taleneted player, and he doesn't need to cheat!!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
To be fair to Messi he actually doesn't dive a lot at all. If you watched him most weeks in Spain he stays on his feet incredibly often when most players would go down. The run that lead to the incident you probably refer to is the perfect example

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
To be fair to Messi he actually doesn't dive a lot at all. If you watched him most weeks in Spain he stays on his feet incredibly often when most players would go down. The run that lead to the incident you probably refer to is the perfect example

Exactly. I don't get this myth people have of Messi being a diver. I've seen Murray fall over more times in a game than I have Messi in an entire season. It's almost like it's the only possible negative statement they can think of.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

I never watch Spanish football, mainly because of the amount of cheating that goes on! But i never really had Messi down as one of these players, until tonight! When things don't go his way, he rolls on the floor, and immediately gets a free-kick! I must admit he is usually one of the better ones though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I never watch Spanish football, mainly because of the amount of cheating that goes on! But i never really had Messi down as one of these players, until tonight! When things don't go his way, he rolls on the floor, and immediately gets a free-kick! I must admit he is usually one of the better ones though

You do realise you have Nicky Forster as your avatar right? :laugh:

SLIGHT diver.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I tell you what, he wouldn't last 5 minutes in L1. Some swarthy lump doin' the frontscreen job would get his REDUCER in early before young Lionel was in the wide awake club.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

One incident (which was actually a fantastic tackle) where he was actually caught and tripped up? Have i missed anything else?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
One incident (which was actually a fantastic tackle) where he was actually caught and tripped up? Have i missed anything else?

And another incident about 2 or 3 minutes later, when he didn't get the free kick, he started punching the floor and shouting ayt the referee after he went down because Clichy ( i think) took the ball of him

Even though he was tripped, was there a real reason to be down holding his leg as though it had snapped in 8 different places?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I loved it when Kenny Sansom said he has lost the ball twice this evening and each time its ended up in the back of the net!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here