Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

like a lamb to the slaughter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree. The head sounds like an attention seeking show off.

He come across a bit of a prick to me. his hoped for reaction that loads of hyper sensitive idiots would be in uproar and he could appear more worldly, has been drowned, in my guess, by a tide of reasonable behaviour and common sense.

Given that the head is called ANDREA, I'll asume your astute assesment of the situation is not based on actually READING the article.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Given that the head is called ANDREA, I'll asume your astute assesment of the situation is not based on actually READING the article.

Its all going off on the other thread mate with your pals. Like Stalin have they been pressuring you for a second front?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Its all going off on the other thread mate with your pals. Like Stalin have they been pressuring you for a second front?

A simple "I'm right-wing, I don't have to know facts before getting angry!" would have sufficed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

WTF are you dribbling on about? ???

A simple "I'm right-wing, I don't have to know facts before getting angry!" would have sufficed

:snigger:

Imagine school kids watching the slaughter of a carrot in Looney's predicted vegetarian controlled world.

Viva The veggie

Death to carnivores.

Psst, I'm vegan. :smile: I, however, am indifferent to the screams of tofu

I am genuinely interested in your promotion of Paul Watson et al in your signature and (what I assume is your position but forgive me if I'm wrong) meat eating. Particularly given the methods that Sea Shepherd use (I too support them, by the way).

I eat meat.
I hope that people who eat meat are aware of the animal they are eating, and perhaps have some amount of knowledge about the rearing and killing. I know we cannot always be there for the putting-to-death, but at least try to encourage humane farming and killing.
I try to discourage people from eating veal, as I believe this in not a humane farming method, and not worthwhile for us to put upon a creature so we can have some 'certain taste' or texture in our mouths.

Sea Shepherd; since you support them, I wouldn't have thought it would take much explaining to tell of why it's a worthy cause.
Overfishing of the oceans is making several species rare. That in turn makes them more expensive, and in turn some nations start calling these creatures "a delicacy" and go after them more, to get more money.
Whale and dolphin have been killed either deliberately or by accident. Whales (some rare) are hunted with some weird excuse from some governments that they are "doing it for research".
Baby fur-seal clubbing is just wrong.
Some styles of fishing kill without exception, and regardless of species. Thus, dolphin will die or be killed in the net, and thrown back to the sea. Wasted life is wrong, and like bad farming or slaughtering - a threat to many species, may become a threat to us, or is, again, inhumane.

"what makes whales and dolphin so special?" is a silly question, and can be easily answered; "what makes humans so special?"
In my opinion, humans should be careful about how we farm and fish, and not cause unnecessary/wanton suffering or waste to any other species. When some idiots will also put humans in danger as a species, by messing up the food chain - then people who imagine we are "so special" might look up and worry - but by then it's too late to worry.
I like that someone, somewhere, is doing something. I can help, and any little help is better than doing f***-all.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I try to discourage people from eating veal, as I believe this in not a humane farming method, and not worthwhile for us to put upon a creature so we can have some 'certain taste' or texture in our mouths.

What about British Rose Veal?

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
"what makes whales and dolphin so special?" is a silly question, and can be easily answered; "what makes humans so special?"

My point is judging from your signature I'd say you consider it wrong to eat Dolphins and Whales? But why is it okay to eat Pigs/Cows, but not okay to eat Dolphins/Whales?

Or is it purely the method of farming/killing that makes it wrong to eat Dolphins and Whales?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Almost certainly. Unless our cosmopolition little friend there was making a fairly bold assumption based on the fact that you get some Italian MEN called Andrea too.

But given, bless, that he - endearingly - gets confused between Austria and Germany, my money's on the former. MATE.

My point is judging from your signature I'd say you consider it wrong to eat Dolphins and Whales? But why is it okay to eat Pigs/Cows, but not okay to eat Dolphins/Whales?

Or is it purely the method of farming/killing that makes it wrong to eat Dolphins and Whales?

We farm pigs and cows, and we can breed more.

We have little control or influence other than negative, by killing whales.
They are not in abundance, their existence is in the balance, and without stopping the killing of them, they could go the way of the Great Auk, the Moa, and the Dodo.

As for dolphin, they are killed by fishermen for reasons other than food.
They're being killed simply because some of the fish we buy and eat are also in their diet. So, fishermen kill them so they won't compete with their trade. Why don't fishermen then sell them for their meat? Apparently it doesn't taste good, doesn't provide much nutritional value, and is tough for our digestive systems to break down. I don't know about that, but I know I wouldn't agree with wasting their lives because they eat the fish that we also like.
"Dolphin safe tuna" is not labled that way to say "there is no dolphin meat in this tine", but to say "no dolphins were caught in the nets, or killed by the fishermen to stop them hunting the same tuna"

As for British Rose Veal - no, I haven't eaten it and won't. I am turned off the meat, and no form of it appeals to me. If you ate or drank something once that made you sick - even though it may be consumable the thought won't appeal. Plus I wouldn't want to risk it being another type of veal just being labled to get people to buy it. So, that makes a double-no.
I have tasted it before I knew what it was, and pork is quite similar ...but better tasting anyway, in my opinion.

I just had lamb for lunch today - delicious. I prefer it to beef and pork, though beef tongue is great too.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know this may not be PC, but if you are raising me simply to kill me and eat me, I don't care how well you treat me while I'm alive, you're only doing it either so you can enjoy eating me more because of improved flavour, or so that you can be guilt free.

So, I apply that to animals, i.e. giving a chicken a meadow to run around with before you kill him, instead of a smaller pen, isn't going to change the fact you're only raising it to kill and eat, and probably won't make it feel much better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know this may not be PC, but if you are raising me simply to kill me and eat me, I don't care how well you treat me while I'm alive, you're only doing it either so you can enjoy eating me more because of improved flavour, or so that you can be guilt free.

So, I apply that to animals, i.e. giving a chicken a meadow to run around with before you kill him, instead of a smaller pen, isn't going to change the fact you're only raising it to kill and eat, and probably won't make it feel much better.

So you're saying that, as a chicken, and armed with the intelligence to know the difference, you wouldn't care whether you were kept in a meadow or a 2 ft cage, because you're just going to be eaten anyway ?

???

If I were a chicken and somehow had that knowledge, I'd choose 1 year of life living in a meadow rather then 3 years of life living in a cage.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So you're saying that, as a chicken, and armed with the intelligence to know the difference, you wouldn't care whether you were kept in a meadow or a 2 ft cage, because you're just going to be eaten anyway ?

???

If I were a chicken and somehow had that knowledge, I'd choose 1 year of life living in a meadow rather then 3 years of life living in a cage.

But that wouldn't be the choice, would it? More likely the other way round, a year in a cage then death, or 3 years in a meadow. Either way, yes, the fact I'm simply being grown to be eaten would trump how I'm treated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So you'd forsake your quality of life because you're going to be eaten anyway ?
Just strikes me as a strange way of thinking.

You will live and die, as does a chicken.
Neither you or a chicken, will need to care about what you are here for.
Therefore, you really are the same as a chicken - you have one life, your body houses it, and you'd best make the most of it.
If I were you, I'd try for the meadow, it really will make you feel much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here