Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life on Mars - Ending theory's?

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Uncle Buck said:
No this week is the last one.

The first bit of the thread started last week, so then the last one was next week...but now it is next week, so the last one is this week....does that make sense!?!

They told you in the paper on Saturday how it was going to end, but I won't spoil it for you (and they might be wrong anyhow!)

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
DC Rules said:
The first bit of the thread started last week, so then the last one was next week...but now it is next week, so the last one is this week....does that make sense!?!

They told you in the paper on Saturday how it was going to end, but I won't spoil it for you (and they might be wrong anyhow!)

I think they have done two endings though. Not evenn the cast know how it ends.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Statto said:
I think they have done two endings though. Not evenn the cast know how it ends. [/QUOTE

That's what they did with the trial in Coronation Street too...probably best as then if it is leaked, it doesn't spoil it.

But its a shame it's finishing...I've enjoyed both series

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
What should happen is that the 1973 Tyler, already in a coma after an accident in 2006, has an accident, goes into a coma, and wakes up in 2006. He will then be in a coma within a coma.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
He wakes from the coma at precisely the same moment as, back in 1973, him, his bird and his guvnor are blown to smithereens by the IRA. So moments after opening his eyes back in the present he suffers a massive heart attack and snuffs it. Tidies up all the loose ends at both ends of the space/time continuum. Probably.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Not sure about that. It wasn't what I expected but I can't decide if I liked it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He was in a coma. He woke up but basically killed himself because he wanted to go back to his 1973 fantasy life.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
hitony said:
I totaly agree with you Les

Was weird wasn't it. I liked that it wasn't what I expected but felt it could have been better. Not sure I liked the idea that he kills himself to go back to his fantasy life. Felt it could have been tied up in a much more realistic, tidier way without doing the obvious.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fred Oliver - Legend said:
so i guess he is now in another coma..............................
basically an opening in the future to come back and make more episodes :nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think it might be best to look at it as more abstract than literally. He basically is destroying his present identity so he can immerse himself in his 70's identity, where he feels alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here