Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lib dems as good as gone

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
have plenty of my own opinions, which is more than you have if all you can do is critise mine with no reasoned position. You are probably just a meat head as your user name suggests.

This coming from someone that could only throw insults at CMD in another thread :facepalm:

You really do seem very bitter about the deal that's been struck - would it be that it's because Labour aren't involved ?

Regardless, thank goodness we appear to have some people running the country that a professional enough to stop the name calling and back stabbing and actually get on and run the country.

Interesting that you claim the Lib Dems have to many cabinet posts yet not all the posts have been announced yet. Those that have are a majority Tory ministers. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant :thumbsup:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
my point is that either way the electrote will only have two options at the next election, support or reject the government which will essentially be seen as conservative, either way i see the lib dem vote being squeezed at the next election, a little power is not always a good thing.

As I have said before. They have achieved exactly what they wanted. They are so keen on PR, but that will always lead to a hung parliment and power sharing. They now have power sharing, and by the looks of what has been reported, achieved a large influence on governmant policy and at Cabinet level, way beyond their handfull of seats' should warrant. What more could they ever hope to get?

All these wingers can only be complaining because they are really lefties and think that deals should only be done with Labour.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As I have said before. They have achieved exactly what they wanted. They are so keen on PR, but that will always lead to a hung parliment and power sharing. They now have power sharing, and by the looks of what has been reported, achieved a large influence on governmant policy and at Cabinet level, way beyond their handfull of seats' should warrant. What more could they ever hope to get?

All these wingers can only be complaining because they are really lefties and think that deals should only be done with Labour.

Is gull-able Elliot Bennett? ???

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
This coming from someone that could only throw insults at CMD in another thread :facepalm:

You really do seem very bitter about the deal that's been struck - would it be that it's because Labour aren't involved ?

Regardless, thank goodness we appear to have some people running the country that a professional enough to stop the name calling and back stabbing and actually get on and run the country.

Interesting that you claim the Lib Dems have to many cabinet posts yet not all the posts have been announced yet. Those that have are a majority Tory ministers. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant :thumbsup:

Dont even know who cmd is so get your facts right mate as i never threw any insults.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Interesting one this...I've already spoken to a couple of Lib Dem friends and they're distraught at the fact their going into coalition with a Tory government and have cancelled their party membership...Apparently a vast majority of grass roots Lib Dem's are furious that Clegg has taken the party to the right instead of staying in centre-left and they're saying that it's going to be as devisive as it was when Owen, Jenkins & Williams split from the Labour Party in '78 to form the SDP and will even end up in ALOT of their MPs crossing the chamber to join Labour - especially those in marginal Lib V Con seats in places like the West Country and Scotland.

I'd give it 2 years max until this coalition falls apart and the Lib Dems have a leadership challenge on their hands!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The Labour party has 5,000 new members in the last couple of days, many of which are stating 'Ex Lib Dem' or 'Voted Lib Dem, never again' - Speaks volumes.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
they shouldnt have formed a coalition, a simple agreement would have been enough to keep their autonomy, also think they have taken too many cabinet positions.

Why shouldn't they have formed a formal coalition. They wanted to form a strong Government.

So they might drop a few of the tactical votes at the moment, but isn't the purpose of any politcal party to be in Government? The Libdems were never going to be in a majority and were always going to be the junior partner in a coalition. Find it hard to believe that they would get a better deal than this with Labour.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Dont even know who cmd is so get your facts right mate as i never threw any insults.

God, and you claim to be intelligent !!!!!! It's short for Call Me Dave - an abbreviation used on many of these threads for Cameron who you threw quite a number of insults at.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
God, and you claim to be intelligent !!!!!! It's short for Call Me Dave - an abbreviation used on many of these threads for Cameron who you threw quite a number of insults at.

Sorry i didnt know your lovers pet name, not sure that CMD reads northstandchat so cant say that i personally insulted him :lolol::lolol:, also have to GET REAL if he is leader of the country a few insults are par for the course.:wozza::wozza:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Why shouldn't they have formed a formal coalition. They wanted to form a strong Government.

So they might drop a few of the tactical votes at the moment, but isn't the purpose of any politcal party to be in Government? The Libdems were never going to be in a majority and were always going to be the junior partner in a coalition. Find it hard to believe that they would get a better deal than this with Labour.

You are right. Unfortunately, there are many on here who think that they have a divine right to expect that Lib-dems will only ever side with "New" Labour.

Only Brighton would ever vote for a cranky Green as their MP.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You have to love the tribalism evident on this board. This coalition government is a golden opportunity for the Liberal Democrats in particular to prove that proportional representation can work as a way of voting in the government. I'm also hoping that the coalition will result in sensible policy, and that the daft stuff on both sides is dropped.

I think we should wait and see how the coalition works before predicting the end of one party or another.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You have to love the tribalism evident on this board. This coalition government is a golden opportunity for the Liberal Democrats in particular to prove that proportional representation can work as a way of voting in the government. I'm also hoping that the coalition will result in sensible policy, and that the daft stuff on both sides is dropped.

I think we should wait and see how the coalition works before predicting the end of one party or another.

Oh come on!

How dare you post something so sensible? :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
clegg1a.jpg

clegg2a.jpg

clegg3a.jpg

clegg4.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
carries no weight or actual responsibility whatsoever and is worth even less than the proverbial pitcher of spit that someone once described the US vice-presidency role as being.

"Not worth a bucket of warm piss" was the exact quote. Which somehow seems appropriate for Clegg, who has the look of a boy who endured a few bog shampoos at school.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You are right. Unfortunately, there are many on here who think that they have a divine right to expect that Lib-dems will only ever side with "New" Labour.

Only Brighton would ever vote for a cranky Green as their MP.

Or 26 other places throughout Europe.

What is your point with this assertion? What does it have to do with the Lib Dems?

Labour supporters should stop bleating about this coalition, likewise you should stop deriding the electorate of Brighton Pavilion for voting for a party you do not agree with.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Now this I like. The future of politics in this country will be coalitions after every election. Hopefully the sharing of power will prevent the short termism of policies by the ruling parties, whoever they are.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sorry i didnt know your lovers pet name, not sure that CMD reads northstandchat so cant say that i personally insulted him :lolol::lolol:, also have to GET REAL if he is leader of the country a few insults are par for the course.:wozza::wozza:

The point I was making is that you were having a go at a poster for insulting people rather than making an intelligent arguement. You seem to use insults in most of your posts so it's somewhat hypocritical of you to make that complaint.

I'm sure Cameron couldn't give a toss about your posts on an internet forum but your reply to me shows the level of your intelligence and unfortunately it appears to be in single figures despite your claims of being more intelligent than Cameron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here