Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference, Brighton

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I agree. It's probably not that diplomatic for Dick and Martin to turn up as they did at the Labour conference.

But we need to start doing things SOON like talking to the police to get permission for the march, designing leaflets, etc.

Could this be organised under the auspices of a sub-committee of the Seagulls Party?

Agree....one of the best things about the formation of the Seagulls Party is that it gives us a vehicle for protest which is NOT the club.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I love the idea of saying Brighton and Hove Albion don't welcome the Liberals to Brighton.

The bearded sandall wearers will get a hell of a surprise.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
LDC, I don't like them very much. I live in one of the only roads in Burgess Hill that comes under their juris-dick-tion. What were mother and father Biehn thinking:nono:

We should have used protection?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
supaseagull said:
I'd prefer a sign at the entrance to Brighton that says "give us our stadium otherwise you'll be leaving in a wooden box!" :censored:

In 1997 we amended the "Welcome to Brighton" sign, adding "Except Bill Archer"

The old A27/A23 Bridge sign brigade will be delighted to come out of retirement and make these tossers realise they are coming in to a city who want a Stadium more than they want a load of bearded yoghourt flavouring cardigan wearing prats.

BRING IT ON

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we could also have a banner up about their rediculous ideas about taxing cheap flights !!!!!!!

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Presumably they will be coming down by trains therefore I suggest a huge presence at Brighton station and to effectively impede their movements into Brighton...

I think we should organise a large march on the opening day of the conference (Sorry, f***ing huge march)arriving at the Brighton Center to coincide with a major key note speach. (shouldn't be to hard to find an agenda on the www.)Then we make as much noise as we can, songs,horns,trumpets etc so we are heard inside, this will get the attention of national news.
We've got to behave ourselves though, any bad publicity will play into LDC's hands.
Also a permanent vigil like Lord B says to chat to individuals and hand out leaflets.
Someone tell me when and I promice to take time off and help out.:albion:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Song's for the march

"Lib Dems, will never vote for you"

"Your just a bunch of Nimby's"

Your corrupt and you know you are"

I'm sure there there be some more

Let's show them they are not welcome. :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didn't Liz and the suppoters club do a vigil the last time the yellows were down here, when Bellotti was being targetted.

I seem to recall she was on the local TV and everything.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
getting bar and restaurant owners onside as well would make a hell of a difference. Party conferences are always big piss ups and if the delegates aren't welcome in the bars and pubs of brighton they'll be well pissed off with their Lewes counterparts.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Dies Irae said:
didn't Liz and the suppoters club do a vigil the last time the yellows were down here, when Bellotti was being targetted.

I seem to recall she was on the local TV and everything.

Yes -- and Paddy Pantsdown was rather aggrieved that they were on the front of the Argus and he wasn't. So much so, in fact, that he tried to walk out of the Haagen Dazs cafe at the Odeon without paying for his ice cream. But that's another story, really.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
we could also have a banner up about their rediculous ideas about taxing cheap flights !!!!!!!

Presumably they will be coming down by trains therefore I suggest a huge presence at Brighton station and to effectively impede their movements into Brighton...

Without wanting to sound controversial, taxing cheap flights is a good idea. Flying should be discouraged as it is becoming the number one pollutant with flights set to double by 2025.

I like Franks Idea of a singathon. As long as we don't have to sing "When Frutos goes marching down the wing..." :lolol:

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I like the "liberals not welcome here" idea. If we could get them all over the city it would make an impact. Keep the design simple and bright for maximum effect. Prehaps a few variations to the theme could be produced for Baker and DeVinchi.

Also re-printing & handing out that postcard that was done showing the Falmer site to hand out to delegates would be effective.

Prehaps we could produce a newsletter (like LDC did) that has the history of the planning process, articles written by some of the famous people who support our stadium (Sven, Alex Ferguson, David Davis, Des Lynam, Fat boy slim, etc) and a summary of the LDC antics over the years. It could point out things like LDC having nothing to do with the learning centre in Lewes, council decisions made in private, manipulating photos, and spending money on legal advice instead of flood defenses. This could again be handed out to delegates and the press.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dies Irae said:

Im afraid I back them 100% on taxing cheap flights, but lets not allow aviation destroying our planet and environment from stopping millions from taking a ridicously cheap flight to Europe.

They can Do one when it come sto Falmer though, I think we need to be spot on with this one, no more of this good humoured protesting bollocks, this one needs Venom, and Hatred to scare the shit of Lib Dems and that De Vecchi Bitch.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Maybe we could encourage taxi drivers not to take Lib Dems from the station, all the cabs with Falmer stickers etc

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
getting bar and restaurant owners onside as well would make a hell of a difference. Party conferences are always big piss ups and if the delegates aren't welcome in the bars and pubs of brighton they'll be well pissed off with their Lewes counterparts.

Donatellos needs to take the lead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here