Let's make them wish they had never even heard of Brighton

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please mods... make this a sticky... thank you... :bounce: :flameboun

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I hope that it's all over in our favour by then - if not a March MUST happen,

Bigger than either of the others held - the LibDems need to be shown how a few jumped-up Councillors are doing their whole Party an awful lot of damage.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
I hope that it's all over in our favour by then - if not a March MUST happen,

Bigger than either of the others held - the LibDems need to be shown how a few jumped-up Councillors are doing their whole Party an awful lot of damage.

Form what I understand it could well be still going on then!

All sides need to present the evidence to the Judge, then the legal process starts. This ain't likely to happen till May/June so then allowing 4-6 weeks for the high court case to start you are in July / August time. Trouble is just about every government department is all but closed down in August till mid September so it is very likely that it is still going dragging on in September / October unless the things start happening soon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Happy to do so, but ...

Shall I use the title of the original thread?

:p

Yes. Yes, indeed. Most helpful.

About as helpful as ignoring requests to make this a Sticky: :rolleyes:

:p

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I didn't hear all of the DK phone in yesterday - did he know or have any idea as to when the JR may commence?

Also, and most importantly, was he asked whether we will be wearing 'prpoer' blue next year? ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
I didn't hear all of the DK phone in yesterday - did he know or have any idea as to when the JR may commence?

Also, and most importantly, was he asked whether we will be wearing 'prpoer' blue next year? ;)

No and more importantly I heard last Monday that we will.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
All these people around the UK admire the LibDem stance against Tony Blair's cock up in Iraq and their reasoned approach to so many social issues. What will they say to the policy in Sussex of looking after the wealthy propertied minority and preventing large urban communities of running facilities for the benefit of all?

Ms DeVucki is perfectly happy with 2 universities, 1 posh racquets club and a large Southern Water office in the AONB but will move heaven and earth to stop the community stadium and keep the riffraff out.
Oh yes.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
And just planning a large march might attract Ming's interest and get him to persuade Lewes to call the judicial review off, in order to save embarrassment. Wishful thinking perhaps, but....

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
And just planning a large march might attract Ming's interest and get him to persuade Lewes to call the judicial review off, in order to save embarrassment. Wishful thinking perhaps, but....
If we are going to win, we must destroy the political careers of Baker, DeVecchi and Commin.
Keep digging.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Has anyone called the usual people at Sussex Police about this? It really needs to be SORTED.
I'm sure that can be sorted. Falmer For All did this for the last two Labour Party Conferences.

The trick, of course, is also to involve the party conference organisers. That could be fun. But let's do this properly. It's not a good idea to mis-time or mis-direct an approach to the Liberal Democrat Party machine.

;)

Last edited:

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Great chance to make our point, but it does seem a long way off. Lets do something sooner, how about all attending the next council meeting, or surrounding the council offices.

I dont know what really just feel helpless, and this conf, which is a great opportunity is months away.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Remember this will Menzies (Ming) first conference as party leader. He will want everything to run smoothly and with no media distractions.

This could be the ace in our card. We should plan our protest on the day of Mings maiden conference speech.There is no way that the Lib Dems will want anything to distract the media from that.

Maybe as a starter we could write to Menzies and welcome him and his party to Brighton for the Conference (also reminding him of what LDC are doing). If we did so in numbers, then maybe they might think we are planning something and quietly tell LDC to find someway out of the mess they have created)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here