Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference 16-21 Sept - Our BEST EVER SHOT At Bringing Down LDC

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jim in the West said:
You're probably right....the question is, how? I think someone needs to organise something......

We need to elect somebody to do it.

I vote Jim in the West:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim in the West said:
You're probably right....the question is, how? I think someone needs to organise something......

Contact History Man or Henfield One. They are the Falmer for All lot and will know the procedures that we had to go through to march when the Labour party were here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
Contact History Man or Henfield One. They are the Falmer for All lot and will know the procedures that we had to go through to march when the Labour party were here.

I think he meant get organised to make the Lib Dumb leadership aware that they're in for a torrid time in Brighton thanks to DeVagi and Co. Needs to be independent of BHAFC though.

But you're right-we need to start getting permission for an organised protest. I still vote Jim in the West;)

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You'll have to bear in mind that there will not be half the security there was for Labour, so there'll be none of this 'ring of steel' bollocks for the Lib Dems. Personally, I am against the march insofar as I think our time can be much better spent 'targeting' individuals (I mean their Culture spokesman etc). You will also have to consider that Norman Baker will have bent the ear back of just about every delegate at the Conference first, peddling his lies and hypocrisy.

Secondly, there'll be appropriate times to make the best noise. There will be fringe meetings on sport/recreation/leisure as all of these parties have a policy on them one way or the other. Don't forget, if we can get 'pledge cards' into the Government hotel rooms, something similar (should we choose to) for the Lib Dems will be easy. There will, as someone on here has said, be Albion fans who are also *gasp* Lib Dems members or supporters who do not approve of Lewes' actions.

Thirdly, the Lewes Lib Dems, if they believe that they will be 'harassed', may not bother their arses to turn up, even if Lewes is the closest Lib Dem-controlled authority to the conference. Norman Baker, however, will have to be there.

All I say is, there is plenty of time to consider 'something' imaginative, and us Albion fans being past masters at it, will no doubt come up with a pearler of an scam to cause maximum embarrasment.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Bwian said:
I think he meant get organised to make the Lib Dumb leadership aware that they're in for a torrid time in Brighton thanks to DeVagi and Co. Needs to be independent of BHAFC though.

But you're right-we need to start getting permission for an organised protest. I still vote Jim in the West;)

Yep, right, Bwian - I meant organising the awareness side, rather than the march. A few earlier comments highlighted that campaigning to get the conference itself moved would probably be counter-productive. However, a concerted campaign to make the Lib Dem leadership aware of why the LDs will be extremely unwelcome in Brighton is IMHO the right way to go. Perhaps over the next few days I'll jot down a few ideas and post on here, then see how it develops.

As for getting permission for an organised protest, I think either/both The History Man and/or Henfield One are absolutely the right people to do this, even though the protest will almost certainly have to steer clear of being backed by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here